Is analyzation of tracks stored on the iPad, even if the tracks are temporarily taken off.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model iPad 11 inch 4th
  • Version of operating system iOS 17.5
  • Version of djay 5.1.6
  • Hardware/controllers used Reloop Mixon 8 Pro

If I have, for example, 1000 tracks in my iTunes library on my iPad. I analyse them all in djay Pro. Does all the analyzation information stay with djay Pro even if I temporarily take the tracks off of the iPad and then put them back on? hope that makes sense.

That’s how it should be. Just try it out, remove a few tracks temporarily and then add them back into a playlist. The analysis data should be available immediately.
I myself think it’s unfortunate, it bloats the database unnecessarily if the information for every track you’ve ever accessed is permanently stored. I also asked the question here a while ago as to whether there is an option to clean up the database accordingly.

1 Like

It’s actually really helpful for me if it does do that. I accidentally and ticked a box and took 9000 tracks off of my iPad. So, if all the info stays that it would be really helpful.

Hi @Nubium, analysis data is not written to the actual music files. This data is stored in the djaymedialibrary database.

That is strange. Because when I re-added 9000 files, I had to re-analyze them all. Or does dj then have to analyze them to look to see if there is already an analyzed file there? Does that make sense?

The djay Media Library contains the following: playlists, history, queue, as well as all per-song metadata like cue points and loop regions. Other analysis data will be redone as you have observed.

But my question is. I clicked on analyze after the 9000 tracks had been re-added they had been on there before and it had to analyze them all again, but was it just looking for the information that was already there? I hope that makes sense

The app needs to reanalyze the waveform, BPM and Key.

So the app does not store all that information? On some tracks that I had to change the grid it has to redo it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.