Issue with Song Loading Setting Not Functioning as Expected

Hi,

I’ve encountered a consistent issue with the song loading settings in djay. Despite configuring the following setting:

General > Song Loading > Jump to Cue Point > Earliest Cue Point (Cue Point 1-8)

the software does not behave as expected. When I load a track first, it often jumps to a random point earlier in the track rather than to the earliest cue point.

Details:

• Version: Latest
  • Hardware: iMac Pro, using Mixon Pro 8

This issue can be reproduced every time. Could you please help me understand what might be causing this problem and how to resolve it?

Thank you.

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender,

When creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

Can you please also try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here?

It’s this:

Device: MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Operating system: Apple Os / Sanoma 14.4.1.
Djay version: Djay Pro 5.1.6
Hardware/controllers used: Reloop Mixon Pro 8

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, can you please clarify this with a video. It will help to explain this “random point” before the first cue. Thanks!

Allright. I have recorded this video about it.

And like you can see the ‘random point’ is (always?) in the first quiet part of a track before the music even starts.

All tracks are analyzed in Djay already.

Thanks for the video @DJ_Big_Blender. That definitely clarifies what you were describing. This is not expected behavior. I was unable to reproduce it on my setup. So, I’ve sent this to the engineering team to see if they can replicate it. I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks!

Hi Slak-Jaw,

Thanks for your response, and good to hear that you could reproduce it as well.

I have ‘isolated’ a few tracks which I am sure also contain this flaw.

If your team needs them, I can send them over. Just tell me where to send to.

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, that would be great. Can you please upload one or two of the affected files to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the file(s) here? Thanks!

Yes. I sent you the DropBox link privately. Otherwise, they could be accessed randomly.