Issue with Song Loading Setting Not Functioning as Expected

Yes. I sent you the DropBox link privately. Otherwise, they could be accessed randomly.

Any news about this?

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, the engineering team has not yet been able to replicate this issue on their end. Isolated issues like this can be extremely difficult to troubleshoot if we cannot reproduce them. I sent another follow up to the engineer working on this, but they are away on vacation. I’ll report back when I get a response. Thanks!

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, the engineering team would like to know how many / which of your tracks are affected? Can you please upload a few of the affected files plus your djaymedialibrary database file to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then send me the link in a DM? Thanks!

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, I’m following up on my last message from about 10 days ago.

Yes.
The music files are still the same. I already sended them in a DropBox link privately.

The djaymedialibrary I will send today.

For common reasons I cannot tell you how many tracks are affected, but it must be hundreds certainly.

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, thanks for the info regarding number of tracks affected. Can you please share your djaymedialibray? Thanks!

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, I’m following up on my message from a week ago. Can you please share your djaymedialibrary so the engineering team can have a look at it? Thanks!

Yes. I just did and sended you a private link.

Got it! Thanks @DJ_Big_Blender.

1 Like

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender, engineering is still working on this one. Can you please confirm whether the songs have cue points saved from Serato or if the cue points were set in djay? Thanks!

Thanks a lot for following up.
All those Cue Points originally came from my Traktor collection. They and have been converted by the tool called DJCU (DJ Conversion Utility) to Serato Cues. (Yes: to Serato because converting straight to DJay isn’t an option in that utility but is was said that I could best convert to Serato, because they do store Cues the same way like Djay does)

And now those cues are visible in DJay, but Djay doesn’t go to the first Cue despite the setting.

Btw: If this feature request were implemented, it would likely/maybe also solve the problem:

You’re welcome @DJ_Big_Blender. Thanks for the additional info. I’ve shared this with engineering.

Hi again @DJ_Big_Blender, engineering is looking into this further. In the meantime, they’ve suggested the following work around. Loading each song fully once should fix the issue.

Thanks, but only loading all these tracks once will not fix the issue either.

Such a workaround will only work when placing a new First Cue or Cue point 1-8 one by one for each affected track manually. But that’s not really doable for thousands of tracks. I also think software should support the user and not give only more work.

Thanks for the response @DJ_Big_Blender. I’ve shared this with engineering.

Hi again @DJ_Big_Blender, unfortunately, engineering has still not been able to reproduce this issue on their end. The only thing I can think to suggest at the moment is to backup your djay Media Library database file and any custom MIDI mappings you might have to a different folder on your computer or to an external drive then uninstall djay, and reinstall the latest version.

You can find the above files on macOS here: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-playlists-cue-points-and-other-data-on-my-Mac

Thanks.

But again; having this would also solve it;

I just need to re-analyse then.

1 Like

Thanks @DJ_Big_Blender. I’ve passed this onto engineering.