Setting Start CUE and Cue 1 on Initial Track Analysis

Hi there,

Thanks for the 5.2 update. I have seen already a few things that are very helpful for me, like e.g. the setting to restore of the original BPM when deselecting Sync and the fix of the EQ/NM Settings.

Also I read about the improvement" “CUE Button: Start Cue can now be set directly after loading a track without playing it”.

This new suggestion is a direct follow up on that point:

For my use (and hopefully for others as well), it would be a great advantage if DJay would automatically set a Start CUE and Cue 1 when a track is analyzed for the first time. (This can be implemented as an option).

Details:

• Start CUE: Automatically place at the beginning of the track (where the sound starts).
  • Cue 1: Automatically place at the first downbeat of the track. (Even better, it would be if the user could customize what to place where during the auto-analysis of the track, of course.)

Benefits:

• Efficiency: Saves time for the DJ by automatically setting the main cue points.
  • Consistency: Ensures consistency in the use of the track, as the cue points are always set in the same manner. New tracks always start right at the beginning when played for the first time without having to set the cue manually.
  • Streaming Services: Especially when using music from streaming services like Apple Music, this is an extra benefit as these tracks don’t automatically start at the beginning.

Of course, these cues can be changed by the user afterwards, but having these right from the beginning will already help a lot and approximately 90% of them will already be correct.

I hope this proposal can be considered for a future update of the DJay software.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to a positive response. Keep on the good work (and hopefully the pace of implementing improvements and fixes :grinning:!!

Hope that users that like this as well will Vote for it in the upper left ‘Vote Box’!

I hope the Algoriddim team can take a second look at how Traktor has designed this elegant solution and soon give this important issue in DJay Pro a second thought.

• Device model MacBook Pro 2019
  • Version of operating system Mac OS, Sanoma 14.4.1.
  • Version of djay: 5.2.0
  • Hardware/controllers used: Reloop Mixon 8 Pro
2 Likes

You’re welcome @DJ_Big_Blender. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Thanks also for the suggestion! Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

2 Likes

Could it go further.

1. Start of track
    2 first beat
    3 first vocal
    4 last vocal

2.5 bar where first vocal hits

Its analysing the track so i would hope that this is possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional feedback @David_Bielby. I’ve shared this with the devs.

Yeah. New user here (VD, Traktor, Rekrodbox). I was surprised to see that after analyzing a new track, cue point is not set on first sound. Instead, at the beginning of each track. So I have to every time move wave just by 1 mm usually (as all producers leave quiet sound at the beginning of the track to prevent CLICK sound, common practice in audio world) to set cue at first beat. It seemed stupid for me to have to move play head 1 mm (typically) every time with new track. It should be automatic. Furthermore, it is automatic in other DJ software as far as I remember. There should be an option for this in Cue settings: Automatically set CUE at the beginning of track.
Strong vote from me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.