Mapping for the Pioneer DDJ-SB2 available?

Thanks,

It is working fine now!

Cheers,

Miles

Yep me to!

I want to buy a SB2 but would REALLY like to use DJay Pro with it. I figured if it’s not natively supported I could probably map it fairly easily since the SB1 is natively mapped, but not sure. Anyone try this already?

@Mark–I had the WEGO3. While its the best WEGO so far, it’s not as good as the SB1 or SB2. The WEGO is a lot smaller overall, no performance pads, no filter, no gain knobs, effects can be annoying. Only advantage for the WEGO3 is being able to use an iPad which can be cool. Just depends what you value more.

Thanks for sharing your input Issa. I had the same question since I’m on the fence with the SB2, WEGO3 and pricier Reloop Beatpad 2 just to have the versatility of also using my iPad. I hope DJay Pro supports the SB2 soon since this the route I would like to take.

Miles, I have just purchased the SB2 - how do I change the mapping in one hit as apposed to correlating all the buttons/faders individually?

Any update on native mapping?

I imagine the SB2 will be natively supported but if its anything like the mixtrack pro3 it will take 3 months to arrive.

I was doing the same thing. Thank you so much man!

Thank you so much miles! Works great

Thank you for taking the time and effort to map this! Any way to get the LED meters to work?

If you are looking for small controller with a smaller price tag try the Numark DJ2GO. I use it for a backup or when I want to bring something along that fits in a bag or back pack. It comes with a lite version of VirtualDJ or you can use most software including Djay Pro. It is no SB2 but it is a decent, portable, quality built piece for about $40.

I restarted Djay and the SB2 and it loaded onto the SB2 automatically.

So sorry, I forgot about that. Delete just the txt extension, tell it OK, and it will work.

I believe the folder you want is invisible.

It should live in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Aplication Support/Algoriddim

Miles file should be downloaded then remove the TXT extension name, the extension should be “.djayMidiMapping”. Save it and agree to the extension change. It should look like this “DDJ-SB2.djayMidiMapping”.

Since the user library file is hidden do this instead… use a program called Find File. It’s free here - http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/3007… . Install and search this term…“MIDI Mappings” and when it finds it click on it and it will show the path at the bottom of the window. Double click the folder in the pathway and it should open up. Drop it in. Then plug in your SB2, let it initialize, then start Djay and it should see it and ask about changing the audio.After you set it up, close Djay and then restart it and you should be golden! You must use the built in sound to get a working headset cue. Enjoy!

I just tried this again on a MacBook Air successfully. :slight_smile:

As a DJ for 30 years, and after much hand-wringing, I finally settled on my first controller: the Pioneer DDJ-SB2. I was originally sold on the SB, but figured I should wait for the improved version. This controller has really impressed me!

Also, I was an old-school DJ-1800 user for about a decade. Imagine my surprise when buying a new MacBook Pro this year, that my software was no longer supported. Then I lucked out and found djay Pro.

I tried all the other popular choices, and kept coming back to djay Pro, and pulled the trigger, spent my hard earned $60, and was all in.

I thought "surely since algoriddim supports the SB natively, the SB2 shouldn’t be too far behind… :confused:

Well, I don’t think I’m alone in saying that I’m not necessarily waiting for a drop dead date of when an official mapping is ready, but at least that one is in the works.

Miles, thank you for your hard work. I’ve tried your mapping with varied degrees of success. But for now, I just can’t trust to use my new controller in a live environment. The LED levels have proven to be frustrating to map for me, as well.

Odd that the software it was supposed to be natively designed for, doesn’t work much better.

I will continue to “mouse along” until a more stable solution comes to the SB2. Hopefully sooner than later, because I’ve got a ton of gigs lined up for 4th quarter, and a brand new case for my SB2 on order!

Can’t wait to hear the progress! Keep at it, everyone!

We are ready and waiting!

I bought this case: it’s heavy, but not too much. Matches and fits great and has a nice honeycomb pattern texture

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012IB…

And I just got the update notification! We’ll see how it goes

Double check your Mac sound settings first. You should have the controller listed as your output.

Then check your preferences on djay Pro. Output should be selected for your controller.

If these 2 are correct, a restart of djay usually fixes any changes. The best part is it will remember your settings the next time you plug your controller in.

With Pioneer, you’ll know all is well when the Pioneer logo appears and disappears from the center screen.