MIDI Mapping file for Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 (djay for Mac)

Hi

Can’t seem to get the mapping file to work when i download the file and open it it just opens a text file.

Maybe i am doing something wrong!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Damien,

was the mapping file any good. I’m thinking about getting the MT2 but wanted to make sure the functionality is there.

thanks,

Rob

Hi Damien,

was the mapping file any good. I’m thinking about getting the MT2 but wanted to make sure the functionality is there.

thanks,

Rob

Damian,

The author has left the .txt extension so it uploads successfully and we can see the content. All you need to do is simply delete the .txt part of the file. Then when OS X prompts you keep the .djay extension (don’t convert to .txt again).

Launch the file and it will also launch djay. A prompt will then appear asking you if you want to add the mapping.

hope this helps,

let me know how it goes.

Rob.

Hi there, I’m using Djay on my iPad and want to buy a controller from Numark. Is the new model MIXTRACK PRO II supported, Thanks a lot for a quick answer.
Thanks,
DJ Paul van Ors.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
SUPPORT for NUMARK MIXTRACK PRO II.

To all in this post, Thanks for the reply. i’ll buy the Numark,try to upload the file and then see how good it is implemented.

Hi Warren, ciao
What controller would you suggest me that is a good fit for iPad?
I’m using an old Numark with my PC. The ones that support Djay are a bit to much. I also like the Pioneer DDJ-WeGo. Which one has the better functionality for Djay?
Thanks for your advice.

Hi, I just got the MT2 working with my Ipad with Djay using that map warren pointed.
How to:
2- Copy the file “MixTrack Pro II.djayMidiMapping” to the “/private/var/mobile/Applications/djay.app/MIDI Mappings” folder on the jailbroken iPad
Made a vid about it, has eng subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SciIa…

can’t get my mix track pro 2 to work with djay

help please anyone

Hi I wonder if anyone can help Just bought a newmark mix track pro II & really struggeling with the mapping for my imac with Idj.

I have no idea what to do please help, thanks

Dan

Numark MixTrackPro II -Algorriddim Djay imac.

I’ve mapped the basic DJ controls for the MXTRCPRO2 to work with Djay, however I’m not sure I have the jog wheels setup correctly.

My settings in the DJay Midi Configuration are; Control: CC25 Target: Turntable 1/2 Action: Scratch (no detection)

Advanced settings -

Control Type:Rotary(01h/7fh)

Speed:50% slow

Reaction150%

With these settings it’s the nearest i can get to regular control of jog wheels.

(doesn’t stop & start instantly when touching platter)

although does move through waveform ok

any idea’s knowledge of the hardware software welcome. thanks

also cannot get a mic signal when broadcasting over nicecast

Could I possibly get the settings & advanced setting for the jog wheels in DJ?

Also have a NPMXTII… Can’t seem to get mic setting right either, set to built in mic on mac (like it used to be with VestaxSpin) But now all I get is horrible feed back.

Other than that ive got everything else bar a few lights working

I’m hoping to resolve the mic issue with an imic.

Could I possibly get your setting & advanced setting for the jog wheels in DJ?

Also have a NPMXTII… Can’t seem to get mic setting right either, set to built in mic on mac (like it used to be with VestaxSpin) But now all I get is horrible feed back.

MIDI Mapping for Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 (djay for Mac) Jog Wheel Settings/Advanced settings?.

Numark MixTrackPro II -Algorriddim Djay imac.

I’ve mapped the basic DJ controls for the MXTRCPRO2 to work with Djay, however I’m not sure I have the jog wheels setup correctly.

My settings in the DJay Midi Configuration are; Control: CC25 Target: Turntable 1/2 Action: Scratch (no detection)

Advanced settings -

Control Type:Rotary(01h/7fh)

Speed:50% slow

Reaction150%

With these settings it’s the nearest i can get to regular control of jog wheels.

(doesn’t stop & start instantly when touching platter) & there is a lag when releasing platter. also carries on playing can’t hold the platter still when touching it or rocking over a beat ect.

although does move through waveform ok

any idea’s knowledge of the hardware software welcome. thanks

also cannot get a mic signal when broadcasting over nicecast

Could I possibly get the settings & advanced setting for the jog wheels in DJ?

Any Input greatly appreciated!

I Really Hope an update comes out soon for DJ With MIxtrack pro II Mapping…

Kind regards,

Dan.

Hi Warren. i’ve done that but the text file means absolutely nothing to me really. although when i double click the icon & it opens dj & asked me if i would like to Midi Map DJ… nothing actually changes compared to the maual mapping i did… All I want it the jog wheel setting really & I’m sorted … Thank you for your help

Manually* - also i can’t seem to reset or revert the mapping to try that one doesn’t seem to overwrite anything

Awesome I’ll try that thanks very very much :slight_smile:

Mixtrack Pro II. Native compatibility coming soon?

please add support for numark mixtrac pro 2 controller!!!.

Hi,
I use a mapping file with my MTP II and Djay for Ipad, and it’s working fine.
I just have some problem to map secondary functions used with the “SHIFT” button.
Furthermore, the lights (SYNC, PLAY/PAUSE…) don’t blink when are used, just stay light up.
Do you know how to map “shift function” and make the lights blink ?
Thank you