Mixed In Key integration

stilll hoping for this will happen soon. if these two connected, the game will be over!! Its not a focus of Algoriddim. I think they should listen to customers that have been there from day one. this would be huge for djpro. they would get sop many more customers.

2 Likes

Still waiting!! And waiting and waiting

1 Like

Mixed In Key is simply the best it is at what it does.

Mixed in Key works w Rekordbox.
Mixed in Key works w Serato.
Mixed in Key works w Traktor.

And the lack of Mixed in Key integration in DJ Pro AI is the single reason that I havent 100% abandoned Serato. Depending on the scenario, sometimes using Serato is more advantageous because of the results of the Mixed In Key integration

Algoriddim staff? Come on yā€™allā€¦this one is a no brainer and has a LOT of interest from your users as its currently #6 on the suggestions list in terms of how many people have viewed the topic: Suggestions - Algoriddim Community Forums

In the section at the bottom of their homepage that says

Top DJs and producers use Mixed In Key

I personally know one of the DJs listed ( and have met another ) and they both swear that they use it and are NOT paid to say that or paid to endorse it. And if its literally used by some of the best in the word?

Give Mixed In Key a call, Algoriddim team! You know you wanna : )

Note: Im not saying this to be hyper-critical or to hate on the DJ Pro AI software. Rather the opposite: Im saying this because it is one major area that keeps it from being #1 and Iā€™d like to see DJ Pro AI reach God Mode / Its ultimate potentialā€¦

2 Likes

As someone with a Music Degree from a world-renowned school, Iā€™m of two minds on this. or three.
1 - a bit of music theory and ear training canā€™t hurt a professional DJ (who needs software when you can think for yourself, right?)
2 - Technology is wonderful, and yes, it should all work together easily and naturally. but thatā€™s not reality, so again, think for yourself/figure it out
3 - why isnā€™t this stuff embedded in the metadata already? maybe nobodyā€™s thought of it yetā€¦and you should go make millions with this idea

so Iā€™ll wager that point 2 is the sticking point between algoriddim and the other company - from what I know of software devs, the good ones keep getting poached for better paying gigs because there are few enough of them out there to begin with AND that theres just no time to do new stuff when youre trying to keep your product working amidst the kinds of rapid change (people and technology) weā€™re talking about.

so what does that mean you should do? go get some music theory and ear training would be my go-to advice

if you choose door #3, all I ask is that you pay my djay and Tidal subscriptions in perpetuity, please :wink:

2 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks for your continued feedback on this thread! We can see this would be a very useful feature for many of you.

:bulb: Just to put it out there, if you havenā€™t done so already, you may want to reach out to Mixed In Key to request an implementation of support in djay on their side as well.

We appreciate your ongoing support and will continue to take it into consideration for future developments on our end. :pray:

2 Likes

Any updated for Mixed in key?

1 Like

Screw this. I did what MIK representative did and spoke to Algoriddim BUT I told them, rather waiting on MIK for years to implement their key functionality into platforms like Djay Pro or Engine OS (saying you support Traktor is like saying you support Nintendo 64) how about they just improve their detection algorithms (they are!) and how about they do their own cue point analysis so I donā€™t bother with MIK bugg ass software and lack of updates ever again. Bye bye.

1 Like

Just generally here, Iā€™d be interested in this feature. Particularly being able to see the energy levels of tracks and, as has been suggested by others, the cue points would be super useful too,

1 Like

You should be able to see the cue points if you export them as Serato. In my opinion, theyā€™re not very useful, though :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Any updates to mix in key?

Itā€™s getting long ā€¦ From what I read on the discussion, the problem seems to come from the side of MIK which does not advance the things. Letā€™s keep hoping

Can you add to your ā€œfilter byā€ option filter by ā€œBPM+KEYā€ function please? It takes almost 2 years and still no MIK possibility.

1 Like

"Sort by BPM + Key would be better for me. I already opened a request please search it and click like.

1 Like

wow iā€™m shocked thereā€™s no mixed in key integration. I went from 100% stoked to use this to 100% certain itā€™s not going to work. Mixed In Key integration is one of the most basic features for any DJ software. I think this app is a good idea but if thereā€™s no way to reliably see what the key of everything in your library is, youā€™re in big trouble lol. Is there any way to get a refund? I downloaded and subscribed/paid 15 minutes ago but Iā€™m certain I canā€™t use this.

There is a simple solution to this. In the MIK settings, just have it add the key notation to the front of the Artist name. Then you can sort by Artist within djay. Ultimately I ended up ditching MIK because it doesnā€™t work with streaming services.

1 Like

Another thing/wish: why there is no ā€œKEYā€ display in Auto Mix mode on currently played song? On queue list yes but currently played song only BMP. I must constantly switch to normal mode and back to see the KEY. This info can be on/off in settings.

I think the MIK Team needs a few reminders to fully support Algoriddim.
They have just responded to my request mentioning that there have been only a few request so farā€¦

fire up i quess:

info (at) mixedinkey.com

2 Likes

Tipā€¦ I found while running different file test scenarios in Djay Pro 5ā€¦If you have AIFF files and run them through Mixed in key 10 before adding them to Djay Pro 5 and then analyzed them in Djay Pro 5 the Mixed in Key cue points will populate in Djay Pro 5. But this only works for AIFF files only in my testing. Or if you can port your DJ collection to Serato DJ and get the Serato DJ to write the info to the files it will also do the same thing as far as cue points are concern. But only for AIFF files also.

3 Likes

I have noticed that if you import your serato playlist the keys and cue points all save like people in here wantā€¦ Only issue I see is the cue points are all fairly off grid of where they should be so you have to manually correct them allā€¦ but the keys info is correctly thereā€¦ See attached picture.

I think that is a result of the new Fluid Beat Grid feature.
I have had to amend at least 80% of my cue points