Mixed In Key integration

This is one of the best apps I have ever used and I am very proud to say I used this software/ app all the time now.

It is I think the top DJ software out there and most portable to use being that can be played through iPad.

I ask if there is anyway that both DJAY/ Algoriddim and Mixed in Key could work together to untertratet so that we can use their key labelling/ results and adding/ importing cue points.

If there is a way to already do this on iOS version please can someone let me know how.

Still a very happy customer :blush:

6 Likes

Is anyone going to respond on this. When can we have improvements to add mixed in key features to the programme

2 Likes

I would love to have something like this integrated within the app since I have the mixed in key program and would like to utilize it. Also, DJs should learn how to mix in key so a tool like key matching within the library playlists would be super useful. Maybe filter playlists by relative key after filtering BPM first

2 Likes

I agree that would be awesome

me too! Please add this.

1 Like

Hi All, and thanks to @Paul_Wallis for sharing this request. We appreciate your ongoing support of djay.

You’ve mentioned that you’d like to be able to use Mixed in Key’s key labelling/results and adding/importing cue points in djay. Could you please share a little more about how you’d ideally see an integration working? It would be interesting for our team to understand more in detail what you were thinking, and if there’s any other metadata/information in such an integration that might be helpful.

Also, one workaround option for key information/labelling that is already available in djay is the Open Key Format. Could you please let us know if you’ve given that a try in djay and if that provides you with similar useful track information?

Thanks and we look forward to hearing your thoughts. In addition, we ask that interested users please up-vote this topic if it’s something you’d like to see in djay. :headphones:

2 Likes

Sorry about the time taking to respond.

I am very happy with the key format there is a I do use the key formatting there is already available.

I currently have my tracks also analysed and the meta data added to the comments section on tracks to show the Camelot key format that mixed in key uses.

However mixed in key also integrates with with Serato, Traktor and Rekordbox where you can export the cue points from the analysed tracks from mixed in key and import them into Serato, Tracktor and Rekordbox.

Would be great if had same feature to import cue points into djay too.

Thank you for all your hard work though on this amazing software it is still by far I think the greatest.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Paul :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Please add my +1 to this suggestion. Mixed in Key has the ability to auto create (and edit) cue points for analyzed tracks, and the ability to utilize these in DJay is requested.

4 Likes

Yes…yes…all kinds of yes for Mixed in Key integration. As long as MIK has been around, I’m pretty surprised that support with DJay Pro still doesn’t exist. And yes for all the reasons others have mentioned.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I support intrgration of the greta software “Mixed In Key - MIK” to work with Djay Pro! has Algoriddim or MIK taken this idea up yet? I have seen the same idea suggested to MIK and I am doing the same

2 Likes
Any word on working with mixed in key. Djaypro would kill the game. 
 If we could get the option to transfer cue points over
2 Likes

Hi @Esau_Galindo,

Thanks for the post!

There is a similar thread entitled “Mixed In Key Integration” that I will merge this post into.

While we cannot currently speak on the possibility of Mixed In Key integration I will make sure to continue to pass along this feedback to our dev team for further review.

Have a wonderful day!

4 Likes

I don’t understand you guys can make stems for tracks but can’t transfer cue points???

Esau Galindo
PreciateU Softball

1 Like

DJpro AI needs to get with Mixed in key and fix the software issue it has instead of trying to its compatibility with gear. Having set Que points on track is a huge deal when DJing why not integrate with Mixed in key and fix this portion?

1 Like

hi there. when MIK analyses a track it can generate 8 cue points from where it thinks the crucial changes occur. there are options to output them for RekordBox, Traktor and Serato. see this screen.
if DJPro could import them it would be great but Im not sure if they are saved in metadata per track or in xml files for Traktor etc. thanks
Matt Black

3 Likes

Thanks, @Matt_Black, for sharing the additional details about MIK on this thread. And thanks to everyone else for your comments and votes for this feature request in djay. We’re continuing to push this request internally, and I’ll keep you all updated here with any news.

4 Likes

? I don’t u nderstand?

Still hoping DJpro and mixed in key would team up.

Mixed in key Intergration?

1 Like

I’ve noticed that requests and suggestions for Mixed in Key integration have been posted since 2015 with no movement on it at all. So I’m guessing that Algoriddim can’t reach the same kind of agreement with MIK that the likes of Serato, Traktor and Rekordbox can. Shame really.

3 Likes