Neural Mix and Tidal don’t work together anymore

Tidal did once have a store, but it closed in late 2022. I guess not enough people were using it.

Beatport/source of course started as places to buy music, and still have that option.

2 Likes

please bring tidal stems back! Serato and VDJ has stems now. Please bring it back!! Thank you!

Since all the Deezer requests are locked, I’ll bump the fact that it still delivers stems for normal pricing in addition to an even bigger music catalog than Tidal.

Please add support in DJAY.

There’s no such thing. Depending on which streaming service you use, and which features you’d like, prices vary. The same applies to DJ pools (where you actually get to keep the files). Prices vary between services and feature level.

Tidal for example have integration with both DJ software and hardware. Deezer do not.

Tidal also introduced offline storage for DJ accounts. Deezer don’t do that either.

Hi @Mister_Tuur, I reopened the Deezer topic. In the future, you can send me a DM to reopen any topic that gets automatically closed due to inactivity. Thanks!

Since Deezer works fine with VDJ it does. Obviously it has little to do with Tidal, but with the apps that support it.

Oh. And I don’t really care for offline storage, especially for an additional cost. I suspect that would be the case for a ton of other users.

And just to clarify for you, with normal I meant ‘no markup for DJs’.

@Mister_Tuur and @PKtheDJ let’s please keep this civilized and on topic.Thanks!

Discussing Tidal in a thread about Tidal was “off topic”? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You can do that now. I’ve just loaded a track from Apple Music and one from Tidal.

The update is here - it’s great that it’s working again. And apparently also without the DJ add-on, as long as the current billing period is still running.

Why do I get this message?

Neural mix requires Tidal DJ extension

I have the Tidal DJ extension subscription
Thanks

If you haven’t tried this yet, log out of Tidal, restart Djay Pro and log back in to Tidal with your login details. Also check your Tidal account again to see if the DJ extension is actually active. Maybe that will help.

Hi @illya_kroon, please use search before creating new topics. I’ve merged yours with this existing one.

1. Log out of TIDAL from within djay.
  2. Close djay.
  3. Log out of all TIDAL Apps (including phones/tablets) and web browsers.
  4. Ensure that you are running the latest version of djay downloaded from the official Microsoft App Store.
  5. Restart your laptop.
  6. Launch djay, log back into your TIDAL account within djay only and try again.

Hi Slak, I did search this topic and I could not find anything about it.
But thanks anyway

You’re welcome @illya_kroon. Did the above procedure fix your issue?

@Slak_Jaw Yes it did.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for letting me know @illya_kroon

Jus found out today on the Apple Music iOS app you can turn the vocals up and down so seems like good news for a deal getting done with Apple Music being able to use Neural Mix.

Apple has just got to hate that in their own DJ app they’re the ONLY streaming service that can’t use their own specialized hardware for Neural Mix!

This is not entirely new, introduced at the end of 2022, and is called Apple Music Sing (Karaoke). In this respect, I don’t see any direct connection to Neural Mix in Djay Pro. Of course, that doesn’t rule out the possibility that it could form the basis of a collaboration, but who knows?

I think it points towards that Apple should be ok with isolating vocals etc. I think that Apple didn’t allow neural mix because at the time Tidal didn’t. Now Tidal has…… let’s see what happens