Neural Mix and Tidal don’t work together anymore

Nope. My app store region is the Netherlands. I’m in Germany and I have no probs.

A short term solution would be an older installer as hopefully they’ve implemented it only on the most current versions. So if someone can save pre 4.1.10 installers that would be worth a try.

2 Likes

Very worried about this. Mine is seemingly still working. Feels like Spotify gate all over again.

As comments progress, it’s worth pointing out that it was Spotify withdrew support before and this is Tidal. Not algoriddim. Keep comments and opinions respectful :pray:t2:

I mailed Algoriddm and Tidal. We’ll see. In the meantime: is it possible to back to an older version?

1 Like

Algoriddim needs to make external drives searchable on iOS to compensate for us neural mixers that now will need to have all our songs downloaded. There are tons of tracks that normally I could take a request for and pull up through tidal streaming but now will need to have preemptively stored on my drive. But if I can’t search for them, that’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

@Nathanvos only if you have a full system backup with the older version.

2 Likes

Nope, I do not unfortunately. Thanks!

2 Likes

When I read this message this morning, I thought: This is a disaster! In fact, of course, it is not so dramatic, the world does not end from it. But it is of course annoying. I think the music publishers will have contributed significantly to this change. But I still hope that at some point an agreement will be reached that there will be a special tariff for DJs, which will allow them to use streaming services officially and legally for this purpose. There are already rumors that TIDAL is planning to offer the possibility to store tracks offline for this purpose, as it is already possible with Beatport and Beatsource. In this respect, I think that DJs are being kept in mind, because despite all the disadvantages that streaming brings with it, especially the constant availability of the Internet, it will become more and more important. What actually happens and what the future really brings, we will have to wait and see.

3 Likes

What I don’t get is how a label or artist sees it as negative. It’s a stream. It’s airtime. It’s promotion. Where’s the problem?

5 Likes

I´ve deleted the software from my Mac and reinstalled… and works again like normal …NEURAL and TiDAL

3 Likes

Probably not for long.

Maybe they are planning a DJ subscription with locker (offline) and stem option?

2 Likes

It’s still working here in Sydney on iOS

1 Like

While we wait for the Tidal DJ plan (which I suspect is in the pipeline as it looks like Tidal can flip the switch from their side and the wording of the ‘error’ message in the OP is suspicious), how about an integration with Deezer (like VDJ)?

1 Like

@Mister_Tuur I’m not convinced that the Tidal DJ plan with the offline locker is going to solve the Neural Mix / STEMS licensing problem. Perhaps the record labels will allow this specific configuration; perhaps not. Let’s see what happens with Beatport LINK and their offline locker over the coming weeks.

2 Likes

I also don’t know, but it looks like Virtual DJ has no stem issues with Deezer. If it stays that way, it’s probably not the labels…

1 Like

So I found a bypass. With the app Macsome you can, legally, download Tidal or Spotify music to your device, and jam with the stems as much as you like. Works so far, sound quality seems okay (but I am no pro)

2 Likes

Does that mean automix is also disabled for tidal tracks?

1 Like

@MrG this will not affect Automix as long as you are not using Tidal and the Neural Mix Transition setting at the same time.

1 Like

No all other features work fine

Unfortunately, I am having the same thing in the U.S. :confused: