Neural Mix and Tidal don’t work together anymore

4 Likes

Spotify did not have the same respect for its users.
If they manage to get it back, they will have the full respect of the DJ community.

I afsked Tital for a status. I Think the more who get in contact the Berger!. This is there reply 31.12.2023.

Hi Kristian,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support.

We have received your inquiry and we appreciate you taking the time to share this information with us. Your input helps us improve the overall TIDAL experience for our subscribers. We have communicated to our partners that access to the TIDAL catalog is subject to approval by the authorized rights holders at this time. In partnership with our DJ Partners and label partners, we continue exploring solutions that will allow TIDAL subscribers more creative access to the TIDAL catalog.

Please keep an eye out in your inbox for updates from TIDAL as we make progress in these developments.

Thank you,
Daniela
TIDAL Support

1 Like

This may seem like a joke to “hardcore” or “purist” djs, but a TON of people use this app for fun and for dj’in in ways with current streaming services that keep getting features removed.

I couldnt use this anymore with Spotify, so I changed to Tidal. Now you cant NEURAL anything in Tidal so its basically a wash for me and my workflow. Unless Algo can give me a workaround Im going to remove my membership asap.

@sssetz unfortunately this decision has nothing to do with Algoriddim. This was an ultimatum put onto Tidal by the major record labels. This applies to all DJ software with stem separation. There is a good chance the force beatsource and other streaming catalogs to follow suite.
Spotify pulled itself on its own, as it felt too big for the DJ world and that it didn’t need us anymore.

2 Likes

So where will you go? Tidal has removed stems from all dj software.

1 Like

I can understand the anger, but life doesn’t always go the way you want it to. And Algoriddim is simply not the right addressee here. If you are now of the opinion that you no longer want to use Djay Pro, that’s perfectly ok. But to make that more or less dependent on a specific feature is, with all due respect, a bit silly. I also find it annoying that Neural Mix no longer works the way it used to, but overall Djay Pro is still the first choice for me and my workflow, if only because I can use it with the iPad. And it’s not just me.

1 Like

Exactly. I think as well they folk truly don’t understand that it’s not the dj software company’s decision. Same when Spotify decided to pull out. There was a lot of blame thrown at Algoriddim. I personally use Beatsource for open format stuff and it’s very good. You get to see key and BPM where as Tidal doesn’t. Plus on another level own your own music and just use Tidal or Beatsource for requests.

2 Likes

I appreciate those sentiments, I just with Alo would be more up front with us. People are saying this is a “Tidal” issue, which I do get legally from what they are saying as their new terms. BUT I did NOT encounter this until I updated my app yesterday and it asked me to use the “new” Neural 2.0 or whatever. Been using Djay Pro with Tidal fine the past couple months, then I update the app for hopefully bug fixes/etc, but now its useless.

Oh I see. Didn’t you back up your device? I believe there has been quite a lot of posts regarding Tidal and stems and not too update if you want to keep as is. Tidal can of course force an update if they want too. There are some folk who haven’t update when Spotify said they were pulling out. They still have djay running with Spotify. They don’t get all the newer features though of course. I guess if we don’t research enough or do some digging and update without a bit of research we can sometimes be feeling not good. We have to take some responsibility though right? Like I say there has been a ton of posts on this issue. Hopefully you had the foresight to back up your device.

Unfortunately, I don’t know exactly how this happened technically, but I was actually unable to use Tidal with Neural Mix with the previous version. For others, it had already stopped working before, while others, like you, were able to use it for longer. In any case, it’s not related to the update to the current version.

Useless is a big word. If that’s really the only reason you used the app, it’s annoying of course. For most people, however, only one feature has been lost, albeit one that many will miss. But that doesn’t make the app useless for the majority of users. I don’t know about you, but I and many others were already using the app when Neural Mix didn’t even exist.

1 Like

I get those thoughts, but the “majority of users” is the same reason Tidal removing the feature sucks. They just think the majority of Tidal subs aren’t DJS. Imagine if you were using Photoshop and they removed the ability to cutout images pasted in or something? Sure, plenty of people would still use the app, but a ton of people would be miffed.

I get this is not Algo chosing this, but if their software becomes useless for me–and plenty of others as seen in this thread–there is no reason for me to keep paying. I know its out of their hands, but I’m sure they also could do something to try and speak up for us, small town DJs.

Hi @sssetz,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Please refer to the attached FAQ article on this topic. As you will read there,

“Both TIDAL and Algoriddim are actively collaborating to enhance the integration and remain dedicated to ensuring a high-quality DJ experience using the TIDAL catalog.”

They are probably right about that.

I find it difficult to compare the two. One is an essential function, the other is a feature on top, which does not affect the basic usability of the software. But I understand what you mean.

I absolutely agree with that. But I wouldn’t make the decision dependent on this one feature either. If you see it that way, you can no longer use any DJ software at all, because stems with Tidal are no longer possible with other products either.

Don’t get me wrong, this is also very annoying for me and I would like to have this feature back. But in my opinion, it’s not as dramatic as it’s often portrayed here. Good and creative DJing doesn’t just depend on whether you can use stems - apart from the fact that this feature hasn’t been removed in general.

It is not legal at all :wink:

Have you tried Beatsource? Not as good as tidal for full choice but it’s very good for open format djing style.

I appreciate your sentiments here, but what is “good” and what is “creative” is not really up to you, or me for that matter. If you want to be creative without neural mixing that is awesome, if you want to be creative with it, also great. I would say that my ability to split up songs by their tracks and then remix them together in really fun and unique ways is actually very creative. Atleast to me and the handful of people I’ve been performing in online dj sets since covid.

Beat syncing was once a feature like neural. Imagine if companies said we dont want you to be able to stretch music anymore because it compromises the artists original vision. The issue here is people grow accustomed to, and PAY for software, but then when things change it becomes problematic and frustrating, that is all. No one is being dramatic, we are just frustrated with companies taking away features and such we have become accustomed to while paying them for years.

2 Likes

There are options however…
*Beatsource
*Purchase tracks via Apple Music
*Purchase tracks via Amazon Music
*Purchase a CD collection and rip your own MP3s
*Join a record pool like Heavy Hits, Zip DJ, Xmix Digital etc.

All these options still allow you to do exactly what you want to do. Use Neural Mix, and all the options outside of Beatsource, you own the music, so the record companies can never take it away from you. Beatsource the record companies can force to remove stems too in the future.

1 Like

I think stems will be back with Tidal. Probably a DJ Premium Subscription. Let’s wait and see what happens. Like you say plenty of options available to use Neural Mix. I have most of my tracks on my storage, but also use Beatport and Beatsource. If ever they drop Stems I’ll be 100% from my storage and then use maybe Tidal for the odd request that I don’t have.

2 Likes

Happy to report, for any interested, that the best remaining option is SoundCloud. Confirmed to still work with Neural Mix (see link below for funsies). You can pay them for their Go+ service and I was able to transfer most of my playlists and they kept all their cue points from the metadata and such from my old playlists. As of right now truly great as the only option as I found available to still pay for a streaming service with close to what Tidal/Spotty has.

Assuming it may receive the same treatment someday as Tidal/Spotty, but fingers crossed. Anyway, cheers fellow creators. :heart_hands:

Fleetwood Mac X Roche Musique

2 Likes