Neural Mix and Tidal don’t work together anymore

Nice job. Great you found an alternative. Nice mix too :sunglasses:

1 Like

Has anyone worked out how to stop the constant message popping up about this? You can’t all be putting up with that crap!

1 Like

You made me subscribe to SoundCloud. I like it. Very good for switching playlists over from Spotify/tidal to SoundCloud. Beatsource is very hit and miss for transferring playlists.

1 Like

Glad you enjoy it, had the same issue with BeatSource as well–it’d say my songs were there but they’d be completely different versions. Also my cue point being saved are much more consistent with SC.

2 Likes

It only pops up if you try and use Neural with Tidal for me, which I’ve obviously stopped trying to do.

Is that what you mean, or the general info about Neural 2.0 and all that bs?

At the Moment Tidal do a survey to know what DJs want. Please all of you use this chance to told Tidal, what we need :wink:

https://tidal.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a2HwdT77402lJQi?lid=2np8nzmv7ks9&fbclid=IwAR240OnJ0gNjk_fH6u1dxN5eCaq5lju_g1gxVj1r7PAuuIC7htEQtuYzKZs

3 Likes

I completed the survey

2 Likes

Thank you for this, just completed!

1 Like

I’ve cancelled Tidal.
I’m about to cancel subscription for DJay

What quality do the converted tracks come out?

Very good by looks of it, wav, Flac etc It does cost for this service though.

1 Like

Thanks,
I’ll have to check it out

1 Like

FWIW, I wrote Tidal support to ask for a timeline for the reintegration of the Djay Neural mix service and of course, I got no concrete answer for when the service will start again.
Definitely, good time to migrate to Soundcloud…

Yes but i think also Soundcloud will stop this in near Future

Yep. Completed!
Stems separation and metadata info.
Thanks!

I’m not so sure Soundcloud will be removing stems anytime soon. They seem to have just doubled down on them for all creators: https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2024/01/25/soundcloud-introduces-ai-tools-musicians/

New update just dropped today. This comment aged well.

No neural mix with Apple Music, but it’s just so freaking nice to have a streaming service that every day people use in the DJ software now. My library had become a convoluted mess of Apple Music for my personal library being synced with playlists from Soundcloud and Tidal.

1 Like

Sorry I meant to respond and update in case of use to others. I think the problem I had was I had mapped Neural effects to the pad so the warning kept popping up. I hadn’t realised some of the effects I frequently used were linked to Neural.

1 Like

Only if you use an old version of Serato (3.1)

TIDAL has recently announced that they are going to revamp their pricing structure, including an add-on for access through DJ apps:

On April 10, 2024, we’re updating the pricing for TIDAL globally. We’re combining our HiFi Plus and HiFi tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.

The introduction of a single TIDAL subscription tier means more fans across 61 markets globally can discover and enjoy music in HiRes FLAC and Dolby Atmos catalog in addition to over 110M tracks in lossless quality for a best-in-class listening experience. Here is a breakdown of the updated plan options:

• The TIDAL Individual plan for $10.99 USD/month
  • The Family plan (for you and up to 5 other family members) for $16.99 USD/month.
  • The Student plan (discounted for current students) for $4.99 USD/month.
  • An add-on for $9/month to access over 110M songs in lossless quality through TIDAL’s suite of DJ partners.

This may be a bad thing (access through djay now costs extra and still has no Neural Mix), but I have at least some hope this restructuring comes with licensing agreements that, for the add-on price, allow stem separation features in DJ software again. Does anyone have any information on this?

3 Likes