New DVS Issues - 5.2.2

I wanna cry, I can not believe 1 step forward 2 step back

• Device model (e.g. 2018 iPad Pro):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 17.6.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.2.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (DVS, Xone96):

Summary of the issue:
• stop time 2sec, but stop immediately,
• DVS not precise as should be highly expected! (previously worked well)
• from sorting, comments filter disappeared from iOS (I have worked commenting on 5000 songs now thats not available) Guys, not every changes are equal as improvements!
• Match: Track recommendations now also available for Apple Music, Beatport, Beatsource, and djay Music (Android) – WE WANT THAT FEATURE FOR MY LIBRARY, iTunes Music too!!

How to reproduce the issue:
take a deep breath

Hi @DJ-Z, sorry to hear you’re experiencing new issues with DVS. I have passed this onto engineering for review to see if they can replicate these on their end. In the meantime, please close djay, disconnect all cables and adapters and follow the procedure below to perform a Forced Restart of your iOS device: Force restart iPad - Apple Support (CA)

Hi again @DJ-Z,

1. DVS: our engineers are still looking into the DVS issue you’ve described. I’ll report back when I have more news.
  2. Comments Filter: the comments filter is still there for us in 5.2.2 in My Collection. Can you please clarify your issue with a screenshot?
  3. Match: support for My Collection is already in development and will be added in a future update.

I have a totally different look

Hi @DJ-Z, you need to add your Local Music songs to the My Collection Source to have the additional Filter options. There are certain restrictions imposed by Apple on the Local Music and Apple Music sources. Alternatively, you can also use the Files Source if you want this filter available with locally stored music.

@DJ-Z regarding the above 2 issues, can you please try to capture a video of these, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? I want to make sure this is clearly communicated to our engineering team so they can accurately address it for you. Thanks!

Thanks Slak, clarify that feature how works, but as I remember worked on iOS as on Desktop. Or am I wrong? I have tagged/commented in Apple Music my whole library…everything should be work as on desktop version

Sure I will capture a video about the dvs, and start stop issues.

You’re welcome @DJ-Z. I don’t have a Mac to confirm on desktop, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same. I could be wrong though.

on Mac works fine with Apple Music
everything appear on that way as I have tagged

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. Maybe this is an iOS imposed limitation then. Let me double check with engineering…

nothing fixed in 5.2.3 I have deleted app from ipad, then reinstall it. DVS sign and calibration, stop time doesn’t work as before, soo annoying! Unusable now. Match song feature with iTunes library not available. How is that possible I can not imagine how your engineering works.

wasting my time for it…hrrr

Hi @DJ-Z, please note that the djay 5.2.3 release was strictly to address an emergency fix for an Apple Music Streaming error. Nothing else was done in this release.

The engineering team is still looking into your issues. Please understand that some of our engineers are also taking some vacation time this summer. Thanks!

Hi @DJ-Z, the engineering team hasn’t been able to replicate the issues you’re describing. To help them troubleshoot this with you they need to check whether the signal coming in is good.

1. Please switch to internal mixer mode,
  2. Make the DVS input the microphone,
  3. Enable the mic and listen + record as .wav for a couple of minutes to see whether the signal coming from the soundcard is clean.
  4. Then upload the recording to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to it here. Thanks!

Slak, sorry I didn’t got the 2, 3 steps.
Anyway the 2 issues is still exist!

I have been noted another issue on DVS mode,
once LEFT turntable playing, then RIGHT turntable start playing too, crossfader position in middle to mix the songs over, once, LEFT turntable have stopped, this stopping affecting the running song on the RIGHT turntable for a second got a tiny brake in the running song.

Understandable?

Hrrr…

Can you please try to capture a video of this issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw

here is the video about issues (Stop time, dvs accuracy, stop affecting)

@Slak_Jaw have you seen it? Just wanted keeping on top

Hi @DJ-Z, here are the detailed instructions in a PDF document for recording the DVS signal in djay:

1 Like

I’ve shared this video with engineering. Please perform the DVS signal recording as outlined in the PDF above and share as soon as you can. Thanks!