New MIDI Controls for toggling sampler/looper and FX, loops, cues etc

Can you please add MIDI mappable controls for the various Display Screens in DJay. I would like to map the Pad Mode controls on my controller so that when I press Hot Cue mode the Hot Cue screen in DJay is displayed. When I press Pad FX mode the FX screen is displayed. Ideally I’d like to be able to map all of the various screen modes in DJay to buttons: Neural Mix, FX, Loops, Hot Cues, and EQ. As well as the Sampler and Looper. Please see the attached images for clarification. Thanks!

!

7 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Please vote for this if you’d like to see it implemented!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This really needs to be implemented!

There are many controllers on the market now, which have pad mode buttons. Being able to select the mode is essential.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw
Simple way would be to add “Trigger Key-Command” into the MIDI-List. So I can trigger DjayPro-internal key-commands to show what I need.

1 Like

Any chance to customise midi to display the tabs pages…

Eg. Cue Points / Effects / Loops etc…

It’s a pity that such a basic feature isn’t achievable…

The second this which would make DJAY pro the number one… it’s to stream your own file from Dropbox or G drive etc…

Streaming now downloading…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’ve been using Djay Pro for 2 months. Great software. I bought a Mixon 8 and I noticed when I choose different performance pads (Hot Cues, Sampler, Auto Loop, etc) the software pages do not change on the UI, it stays static and doesn’t change pages. To compete with Rekordbox and Serato this needs to be fixed quickly in my opinion. This shouldn’t be a hard update to make for the software.

3 Likes

If you have a look through the forum, you’ll see this has been requested by many people and many, many times.

Probably back to v2 or v3!

Anyway, here we are at V5 and it’s still not happened so I wouldn’t hold your breath!!

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Please implement performance pad screen changes to corresponding pad mode on the Mixon 8 Pro. When I change modes with the performance pads for example stems mode on the Mixon 8 why doesn’t the screen mode change too? This works very well on the Reloop Buddy so why not on the flagship controller? Please look into this Algoriddim boss, it would be 1 less reason to keep my grimly paws off my IPad screen. To really get creative it really is a lot of work a time to think what performance mode screen I should be in when changing constantly between Stems, Hot cues, or looping modes etc.

I’m using an IPad Pro with the Mixon 8 Pro, and the most recent version of Djay Pro AI

Thanks

Hi @Miley, please use the search before creating new topics. I’ve merged your suggestions with this existing topic. Please cast your vote at the top left so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

Thanks for the latest update 5.1.5 but I am a little disappointed that it is still not possible to access Hot Cue/Pad FX/Beat jump/sampler directly via the hardware controller (in my case DDJ-FLX4). Such a basic feature…. This would eliminate the need to constantly manually change the display modes via the touch screen controls. The user experience would be much smoother and more intuitive.

Hi @turbopussy, I’ve merged your suggestion with this existing topic. Please cast your vote at the top left to show your interest in adding this feature. Thanks!

I am using DJ Pro for iPad with a Pioneer DDJ FLX 4 controller. I wanted to know can I set up the controller to toggle the mixer view and library view as well as switching between Neural mix view, manual FX view and instant FX view please?

1 Like

Such a feature would be great, but in my opinion it is unfortunately (still) not available. But maybe I just haven’t found it yet … although this has been requested here in the forum several times.

Different topic, but I notice in the screenshot above that the cue points used to be displayed differently. Perhaps you can integrate an option to select the display when the opportunity arises. Basically, I was a fan of the change at the time, as the cue points are now displayed as they are on most controllers (two rows of four cue points each). On a controller like the Mixtour and, in future, the Mixtour Pro, the performance pads are arranged differently (two columns of four pads each). It would be nice if the display on the screen corresponded.