New MIDI Controls for toggling sampler/looper and FX, loops, cues etc

Hi @alienjournalism, I’ve merged your new topic with this existing one. Please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page to show your interest in adding this feature. Thanks!

1 Like

Most of these view toggles are now available in the midi-mapping menu, APART FROM “toggle view mixer”.

Is that hiding somewhere else? I’ve looked in General, where most of the view toggles are, and in Mixer, but no joy yet.

EDIT: I’m only talking about macOS here - no idea if this option is available on other platforms.

Are u sure about that? I haven’t seen any page toggle on any recent update and I can’t wait to have that sorted.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply - been away.

These are the mappable midi commands that I was talking about (these are all in the General category, I think):

2 Likes

I’ve just found also the Pad Mode Switching commands (iOS). So let’s dive into it :wink:

I’m pretty certain version 5.2.1 (current), is the first which has had those commands. Ive tried messing around with a couple of those commands, but could not get any functionality midi mapping those.
It sounds like it would change the view of the "Tools view liked described by @Michael_Wisniewski
Here

I hope we’re seeing that happen, :crossed_fingers:

Has anyone else fingured out what ‘Pad Mode Hot Cue’ or any of the others do?

It’s basically same as before, just easier to read. The new MIDI commands switch the functions of the controller Pads as a group. Press Hot Cues and the Pads function as Hot Cues … etc.

In macOS:
Screenshot 2024-08-17 at 1.21.37 PM

FLX4 Mapping:

Tools View
Best I could do was duplicate the Mapping for the Control (Note D#1) and have it toggle the “Tools View”. Unfortunately, I still see no way to open a specific screen in the Tools View or just have it open for a single Deck. Notes: Interestingly, the Mixtour Pro reportedly can do something like this, so maybe it’s in the works?

2 Likes

So Mike, on both your Midi mappings, and the stock ‘built in’ mapping, changing the pad mode doesn’t affect anything as, all the pads are still individually mapped to different function.
It sounds like you’re saying that if I map ‘Pad mode hot cue’ for the DDJFX4 pad select your button that says ‘Hot Cue’ I shouldn’t have to map the individual pad buttons (1-8)?
Because when I delete a mapping for pad button, (pad 1 under the hot cue, Note C-1) , my controller doesn’t do anything.

I could see the benefit of mapping pad mode and then you don’t have to program the 8 pads individually, that would be easy to change functions, like adding in slicer without having to redo all of the pads on all the decks.
In fact, if I delete all the functionalities for pads 1-8 and then map ‘Pad Mode Slicer’, it seems sounds like my pad buttons should work with the slicer, but they don;t function. This is on my FLX-4, and my DDJ-1000.
Maybe it’s meant for different controllers?

1 Like

Also, @Michael_Wisniewski while I’ve got you here, I noticed on the stock midi mappings for the FLX-4, algo has figured out a way to select both decks one and two with the beat FX selector switch. I’ve compared the mappings several dozen times using BBEdit, cannot for the life of me figure out what part of the code so I can copy it over. I would redo my mapping, but if it’s not built off of yours, I have limited functionality and I use more than one shift layer at the moment would be ideal if I could just copy that part.

You wouldn’t happen to know what change I can make in the code to select both decks at the time would you?

You still have to map the individual buttons (1-8), by default they are unassigned. The new Mode commands just make it clearer which group of functions are being called up.

For example, in Hot Cue Pad Mode, you still have to individually map each Pad to Hot Cue #1, #2 etc…

There are also new User-Defined Pad Modes, so we can have custom pad mappings without messing up the defaults.

The FLX4 hardware does not send a MIDI command when you Select Both Decks. Whatever signal the hardware sends is captured by the djay software outside of MIDI and is not accessible to us in the mapping.