New Reloop Mixtour Pro Hardware

Maybe this, but I am not sure if this gear will have this.

You mean ā€œif Serato supported itā€. The software supports the controller, not the other way around.

Support will probably come from VirtualDJ at some point, but Serato (allegedly) expect to be paid for integration, and would want their logo on it.

Assuming Reloop have already paid LL to use his branding, which might explain why itā€™s twice the price of the old one, I imagine either they didnā€™t want to (or couldnā€™t afford to) pay Serato as well.

Or maybe Algoriddim didnā€™t want to shareā€¦

[UPDATE] the new AlphaTheta Omnis Duo is not supported by Serato yet either, until the summer.

In Mojaxxā€™s review, he uses djay Pro with the Omnis Duo over bluetooth. So while thereā€™s no official Algoriddim support, it does work with djay Pro!

Honestly, this year is getting crazy with the hardware! Iā€™m getting serious G.A.S. Unfortunately (and maybe also thankfully) - the Mixtour Pro wonā€™t be available until Summer 2024.

3 Likes

No streaming services on standalone. Very poor indeed.

1 Like

No onboard streaming (yet), but with the Bluetooth connectivity, you can stream from anywhereā€¦even the places that arenā€™t available in any DJ soft/hardware. YouTube, Spotify, Instagram, Facebook. Take your pick. Plus it buffers the audio for ten minutes, allowing you to scratch, loop, use hot cues, apply FXā€¦

The only thing it canā€™t do (weirdly) is change the key of a track up/down on the decks.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that a very clunky way to work. Scenario: get a request. Find track on YouTube, Spotify etc. Wait until buffered sufficiently, load track. I do like pioneer products but that is such a weird way to work. Why havenā€™t they got streaming services in devices like Opus Quad and this one? Very odd to me. Either they canā€™t do it yet or donā€™t want too.

You donā€™t have to wait until itā€™s buffered. You can stream directly if you donā€™t want/need the pitch adjust, FX, hot cues etc.

Oh ok, thatā€™s very neat. Still not sure why probably the biggest audio company on the planet doesnā€™t yet have streaming services in their product line up as stock. O like the opus quad too. Love the look of it. Would look cool in 10 years time. One of those unique products.

Letā€™s try to keep this topic focused on the Reloop Mixtour Pro. Please feel free to start a new topic for the Omnis Duo if you like. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please feel free to create a topic and move the posts over. Thanks :smiley:

I wouldnā€™t buy this it is just an over price unit made specifically for LL. Cramming as much as you can in a small form factor DJ controller. If a small form factor is what you are looking for then just make a modular system like NI had with Traktor Kontrol series or Behringer with the CMD controller series and give everyone the option to choose the units that they want for their DJ set up. Too much shift key layering of settings. I also think that is where NI went wrong with the new Traktor XI controller. A one-way view of thinking. Canā€™t think that way and try to sell something to broad variety of customers.

I kinda like the small form factor, but I get what you saying about it being too cramped. I wouldnā€™t mind if the made it just a bit wider, similar to the size of an 11 inch iPad. Still portable enough, but not too cramped.

2 Likes

Personally Iā€™m all for maximum functionality in a small form factor. Iā€™m hoping for a MK2 version of the Reloop Ready and Buddy with the improved sound card of this unit and the 4 deck control.

1 Like

I own a V1 and it works great. Might even update to this new oneā€¦

1 Like

Quote: Itā€™s basically a Mixon 8, without the pitch (tempo) faders and jog wheels.

• Functionality looks good.
  • Managing controls between decks looks very doable.
  • The one button loop + FX Paddles + EQ/Neural Mix are gonna be a lot of fun.
  • Not clear how the Pitch controls work (under the CUE/Play buttons) - is it more for ā€œnudgingā€ tracks to match or is it for adjusting the ā€œtempo fadersā€?
  • Developer seems pretty confident this will ship ā€œon-timeā€ this summer.
  • I have a feeling this benefited a lot from the work they did on the Mixon 8
  • Sounds like an updated Mixon 2 / 4 / Ready / Buddy might be in the works!

The Mixtour Pro wonā€™t be for everyone. The original took some time to wire into my brain, but once I did, it worked great. And for me the Pro is better on every level.

1 Like

I believe those buttons will be pitch bend / nudge.

2 Likes

I really liked the original Mixtour as a portable/backup controller. Ultimately I wished it had more controls so I sold it and got the Ready. Looks like they addressed all the issues I had with the original. Iā€™ll be seriously tempted to get one when itā€™s available. Unless of course they update the Ready in the meantime.

2 Likes

Yes, I wonā€™t be surprised if at the end of 2024 I own both the Mixtour Pro and a ā€œReady Proā€. :grin:

1 Like

Would love to see an actual updated Mixon 8 without the jogwheels. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe they could go the full modular route and allow to daisy chain two of them together to get actual 4 deck controls.

But then again, a Mixon 8 without the jogwheels like @kokernutz would be nice. I would add some cue pads though.

2 Likes