Numark Audio Device not recognized in djay (Mac App Store version)

Hi,

We’re currently looking into this issue. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have news.

In this case, I recommend that you all contact Numark support also. In the meantime, we’ll also keep on investigating this issue and keep you posted.

Sorry guys, have no news for you yet. Has anyone contacted Numark support about this?

Thank you very much for your help J! We appreciate it.

By the way, only the sandboxed version from the Mac App Store is affected by this issue.

The download version from our website works fine with all (Numark) audio devices.

Simply send us an email and we’ll provide you with a complimentary license for the non-App Store version.

By the way, Numark is already working on a driver update to fix this issue.

Still no progress on this?

Numark have stated to me that they will not make new drivers for specific software, but that DJay could reach out to them directly to try to work it out. So yeah, basically there is no fix coming your way. Hence why I moved to pioneer.

See here:-

http://community.numark.com/numark/to…

That was a lesson in frustration.

So if Numark are not going to fix it to work with a sandboxed app, where does that leave you guys Algoriddim?

I think people deserve a response to this, a clear and concise one…
I noticed you deleted the guys comment above, and I had read it and know why, but some kind of response in light of the fact that there is officially no fix in the works is called for, yes?

Hello,

I had a Numark Total Control with a NI Audio 2 Audio Card and the only problem was that for monitoring I had to use the laptop headphones output because the second Audio Card Output doesn’t work with djay (Traktor Pro works fine).
Now I bought a new controller (Numark Omni Control) with integrated audio card, which works fine with Traktor, but the soundcard is not recognized by djay.
What can I do?
I need support - your informations on your website says that there will be no problems with djay and Numark Omni Control.

Now I find out, that these problems are only with the app store version of djay.
Using the 4.2 version from the djay website works but because I bought my version I have no serial number for the djay website version.

What can I do?
I need help.

Greetings

Udo Thomas

I yesterday got the answer from numark that I should get a new card or repair it. Do you know if that will solve the problem or has djay had compatibility problems with numark dj io in general?

Yes,
http://community.numark.com/numark/to…

Spontaneously, I believe this fix is up to algoriddim since the sound card shows in OSX but not in djay. Please get working on this ASAP since it’s been a while already. Also, I have a gig on saturday and need things working well until then. HURRY!

Hi,

Adding my voice to the issue as well. DJ Io works with my macbook running 10.7. I can play itunes through it, I can use VirtualDJ through it, but Djay won’t connect with it.

It’s a right royal bummer. I prefer Djay, but if I must then I will have to use VirtualDJ.

I’ll send it right away!

Hot Diggity Dog! Thanks for the different version, I plugged in DJ IO into the unit and everything seems to be working great! W00t W00t!

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Juanjo. A few comments up, you’ll find a post by Warren that has the download link.

Numark NS6, MacBook Pro and Djay for mac. Everything seems to be mapped ok but there is no option to choose the Numark as a sound output. Music comes out of the Macbook which is a selected option. Is this a mac issue or DJay? thanks

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
No option for sound out of Numark NS6.

Yes i too have problems with the latest version of Djay released in Dec 12 working with my Numark DJi/O im running the latest drivers and it worked fine on DJay before the software upgrade now it say the device does not support pre-cueing

Please can you fix asap thanks Dan

Numark DJi/o stopped working with the latest update from Djay it was working fine up until the new software update in Dec 2012 now the Numark Sound card is not recognised and say it does not support pre-cueing

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Numark DJi/O Sound Card not Working with DJAY.

Im using the Maya44usb sound card and an external mixer with Djay. It worked fine before the update to 4.1 but now does show up in the audio config window! please fix this… or tell me how to downgrade to Djay 4.0