Option to Use Key Tagged in Song instead of Analysis

• Device model: MacBook Pro M3
  • Version of operating system: 14.5
  • Version of djay: 5.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: DJM-S11

Summary of the issue:

If I load a track, it seems to do its own analysis and oftentimes the key is not accurate.

I use Mixed in Key as well as tagging tracks manually but it appears DJay is doing its own analysis and ignoring the key stored in the metadata of the file.

There doesn’t appear to turn this off other than to manually set the key field in DJay after it gets it wrong (which appears to be in its own database than the initial_key ID3 tag that Serato or Mixed in Key use.

Hi @SpinThis, djay does perform its own key analysis and there currently is not an option to use other metadata for this or to overwrite the djay analyzed key value. I used to use Mixed In Key myself. The work around that I used was to have MIK write the Key and Energy level as a prefix to the Artist Name. Then I could sort the Artist column.

I have changed this topic from a bug report to a suggestion and passed this onto the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

This is how Serato treats analysis, it gives you an option on what to do which I think would work well in DJay (though DJay has better bpm/beat grid options that you probably don’t want to turn off!)

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 1.24.12 PM

Excellent. Thanks for sharing @SpinThis.