Pioneer DDJ-400 with Djay iOS audio drops out

Hi,

a quick update from our end.

We are extensively testing and searching for the root of the problem.

We were reiterating due to a release of a new firmware and hopefully can share appreciated news soon.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and still always grateful for detailed information on setups.

Hi Lukas,

The djay version Iā€™m using is 3.2.1

I am using iOS 12.4.1 on an iPad Pro (12.9 inch 2nd generation)

Again, this only happens after continuous use after around 2-3 hours.

Thanks so much for helping with this!

Here is a link to view and download 2 videos that demonstrate the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d72rtzhvvqā€¦

If this can be fixed the DDJ-400 with iPad would be an ideal setup.

I am using the Apple Lightning to USB 3.1 adapter. Here is the link.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/producā€¦

I am using it with an iPad Pro (12.9 inch 2nd generation)

Yes I have the latest firmware installed. 1.01 that was released in September.

Iā€™m not using a hub and am getting the dropout issue.

I agree Ervic, the DDJ-400 with djay would be my ideal setup if this issue was addressed. I was so beyond disappointed (and embarrassed) when this dropout issue started happening on gigs. I gig frequently and havenā€™t used a laptop in years. Djay on the iPad is the best solution out there for me in my opinion and the DDJ-400 doesnā€™t feel like a toy as so many cheaper controllers do. Hopefully this issue will be addressed with an update!

Mine failed with automix 1.5 hours in but I was using automix within the regular 2 deck interface so the mix controls were being used. I was also using a brand new Apple USB to Lightning cable and power supply.

This happen only with iPad Pro? I am considering do buy a new iPad, maybe the budget 7th since djay works fine on iPhone 11Ā 

Cool. You think I will be ok with the hardware of the iPad 7? Or at least an iPad air is necessary?

I was looking for this answer everywhere but didnt find any

Ok. I will wait someone to confirm.

Look, I already have the DDJ 400 and Iā€™m spinning ok in my Mac Mini (DJay Pro 2) and iPhone 11 (DJay Pro)ā€¦ both without any problems mixing for hours. I am considering an iPad because I donā€™t wanna use my phone (screen is quite small and someone can call me)ā€¦

Are you guys using the original Apple USB adapter?

I think my record was 5 hours in a row and not a single problem on iPhone. I was even mixing images to my TV through Airplay!

Bom, comprei um iPad air, vamos ver se terei problemas

Iā€™ve had the same issue with the new DDJ-400s. I also use the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with the latest software updates on second generation iPad Pro with iPad OS. Is this a software or a hardware issue? As soon as the audio signal stops working. Audio can be heard from the iPad itself when the USB-C plug is disconnected from the iPad.

Exactly the same issue tonight after around 90 minutes, sound completely cut out. Iā€™m on the latest Pioneer DDJ-400 firmware and using an official apple lightning to USB 3 adapter on a new 2019 iPad Air. I was hoping to use this set up for a radio show I have coming up, but canā€™t afford for this to happen.

I was just wondering if this is only happening when having the controller plugged in to a usb hub that is then plugged in to the Apple lightning to USB3 adapter and then playing songs from an external flash drive as that is what I am doing. Doesnā€™t seem to do it when the controller is directly plugged in to the lightning to USB3 adapter, or at least it didnā€™t with me.

Thatā€™s strange then as itā€™s done it on random intervals with me, and twice in automix after around 60 minutes or so. I then removed my powered hub and used it direct with the apple adapter and left it in automix for around 4 hours with no issue.