Pioneer DDJ 400

Sounds great, Lukas,

but I started using Djay on iPad, bought the DDJ 400 then and recognized, it doesn’t work with the iPad.

Now I want to use it on my windows 10 system, and here it also does not work, i have to map all the buttons by myself.
If it would be that simple, it would be okay for me, but I don’t get the DDJ 400 working acceptable. It works perfectly in rekordbox. Okay, the DDJ 400 is made for their own software, but I’d rather use Djay pro, because it fits my needs more and has the Spotify integration.

I think there are more customers like me, who would be very happy with a natively support of the DDJ 400 on the windows 10 version.

Could you please tell us if you are working on a solution for the windows 10 customers or if there are no plans like that yet?

Greetings

F.

Lukas I asked about windows 10 system users…

Hi Lukas!

When you say the mixer can be used with Mac as an external mixer, do you mean the jog wheel, pitch fader, etc. cannot be used?

Thanks,
Kan

Hi Lukas,

thanks for getting back. Mapping sounds good enough. Can you tell whether there will be support coming in a future update?

Hi, Lukas.
I’m Japanese.
So, I hope you will forgive my strange English.

I’d like to use DDJ-400 with Djay Pro for Windows, does it work properly???

Well here’s a 1 up for a mapping from you guys…
If I can do a basic one in an afternoon, you should have a legit one in weeks! Get ahead of the game Algoriddm, these controllers will sell by the container ship load. We want Spotify support on our DDJ-400!

And how about us Windows users???

We are not talking about iOS ready controllers or iOS apps.
The ddj400 is a USB class compliant controller…no drivers needed
running on Windows 10.
It should be as easy for you to map as all the Numark controllers you have listed as plug and play

Look, you guys have something the other big three don’t…Spotify intergration. Please take advantage of that while you can and bust your butts to attract as many users as possible.

Now on the pro software side of things the big three is so much better than yours. I’m sorry but true. You need serious work on the beat gridding algorithim, your efx, and the smoothness of waveforms.

Pick it up Algoriddm…the door is open at the moment

I too did the same many months ago. Fear not fellow dj! Although DJ Pro has fallen short on supporting the 400, Rekordbox is a really good software. Start using it and get familiar with its layout…you won’t be disappointed. Also some behind the scenes primers lead me to believe there are some new streaming services coming out this year.

Me too, I wait for pioneer DDJ-400 and Djay pro Windows 10. Please!!!

They are pushing the wego4 for djay pro. It’s all about the price point.

They are pushing the wego4 for djay pro. It’s all about the price point.

Get a ddj200 and stream beatport and spotify to name a few platforms with full access to Pioneers rekordbox.

Any news on Pioneer ddj400 mapping
for windows djay pro?

I bought a Pioneer ddj400 coz I read that DJay Pro supported it. I’m hugely disappointed that it turns out to be for mac only. So I too would like to know if Windows mapping is likely soon, or shall I just default to Rekordbox? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Chad. I’ve tried to persevere with Rekordbox and it certainly does have a more professional feel than Djay pro, and doesn’t crash! But for me, DJay Pro reigns supreme in perfecting beatgrids on the fly. I managed a pretty good midi map for DDJ-400 with DJP for a recent party anyway, which worked really well (apart from 3 crashes).

Bom dia, tenho uma ddj 400 porem quando conectei o USB o Djay reconheceu que estava conectado, porem nao mapeou, entao o fiz manualmente, e mesmo asim sem sucesso, podem me auxiliar para fazer funcionar ?

no site diz que suporta a DDJ 400 , Mas nao reconhece , apenas abre o programa e reconhece que esta conectada. mesmo com mapeamento manual, nao funciona, alguem da uma luz ?

Bom dia Alguma boa notícia sobre o mapeamento Pioneer ddj400
para mac e windows djay pro?