Pioneer DDJ-RB support (similar to DDJ-SB2 ?)

Dear Support,

I just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SB2, knowing it is supported by Djay Pro. However I’m having second thoughts about the Pioneer DDJ-RB that is same price, it has got some more buttons (dedicated que / play buttons) and seems to be slightly superior overall in my opinion.

I can still swap the SB2 for the RB, but my main question is: Is there a midi mapping out there for Djay pro ? It is currently not listed on the website, but this controller is almost identical to the DDJ-SB2 that is natively supported.

So has anyone tried modifying the SB2 mapping for use with this controller ?
I know you can make a mapping yourself but if basic stuff as channel leds is not working it can be a major pain.

Thanks for your time guys !

With kind regards,

Michal

I would love to see this too…

Hi, I need your help because I have to choose between DDJ-SB2 or DDJ-RB. I would prefer the RB but because the lack of djay native support the SB2 is the only option. Is file from @Jared is almost the same as so called: “native support”? What is the difference between a good MIDI map file and native support? Can I buy the RB with no problem? Or SB2 with native support have more advantages?

The newly released djay Pro 1.4.3 for Mac now comes with native support for the Pioneer DDJ-RB. Enjoy!

Come on guys, at least give a estimate! This is a very popular controller, I don’t own the software yet, but RB support will make me get it!

Thanks! This was the push for me to get the software! I tried the demo mode and the DDJ-RB and the DDJ-SP1 work like a charm… Better than the native Rekordbox software I might add. If I change function of one of the decks pas modes they don’t both go there. This means I can use Sampler on the SP1 and hot cues on the RB or the other way around. Rekordbox switches both devices.

Just bought a DDJ-RB, and am feeling pretty frustrated that its not automatically compatible with Djay Pro. Just feels a little lazy not to map the all of the few Pioneer controllers that exist. Please speed up the process Algoriddim - everything else works brilliantly!

Cheers, thanks for your help!

Goodmorning everyone. I also do a few days ago ’ I bought a Pioneer DDJ - RB as a forklift. It would be nice to have in the next update the native mapping for this controller .

Good afternoon to you all. I saw now the new update. Native support that you and ‘much talk and’ pushed for the Pioneer DDJ-RB where is it ?

Yes Please!

Hi Michel,

please note that the DDJ RB is not supported natively. You could change the midi mapping of the SB 1/2 by sending us your RB mapping via mail.
But as we don’t have the controller at our office we can not guarantee a fully working midi mapping, this depends on if the SB 1/2 is sending the same midi signals (and channel led signals) for the same buttons like the RB.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Michal,

yes changing the LED meter is not possible via the midi learn feature. Please contact us if you need help with the mapping, we will figure something out if it is not working.

Have fun mixing,
cheers.

Lukas E.

Hi Jeremy Burd,

please note this is the djay forum. If you have questions regarding the compatibility of the DDJ RB with Serato, please contact the Serato forum.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Vincent Coenen,

i forwarded your post as a request of the mapping. Thank you.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Liam Cottrell,

I forwarded your request internally. You can check all supported controllers here .

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi guys,

you are all helping to push the integration of the RB. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, the controller mapping is definitely on our agenda.

Cheers,Lukas E. 

Hi Marcus,

i removed your other posts. Every post is pushing the mapping. Stay tuned and if you need help with the mapping contact us via support@algoriddim.com.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

We can not give a date when the RB will be supported, but please understand that each Me Too and reply is getting us closer to that day.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi guys,

forwarded the thread to the devs once again, you are doing a good job in order to push the implementation :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Lukas E.