Pioneer SB2 no power up

Dear algoriddim community, i specifically just bought a pioneer sb2 to use as a controller for djay pro ai, as it states that pro subscribers have support for it, but it doesn’t power up.
It powers up when I connect it to my MacBook Pro though.
I am very frustrated and disappointed.
I have an iPad Air 2, 128 gb, iOS 14.3, and I connected the controller through an official Apple usb3 lightning camera adapter, with usb 2 cable to controller and official Apple cable to iPad 12w charger. I really hope one of you can help!
With regards, Tom Frank

The iPad will still not power the controller regardless of your cables. You’re going to need a separate power supply to power the midi controller that then feeds in to the camera adapter.

You can get something like this from Amazon.

Connect your midi - usb cable in to one of its ports, connect the end of the powered hub in to the Camera Adapter and then your charging cable from the end of the hub that is red and states charging to the Camera Adapter also.

I have the previous version of this hub and it all works a treat.

If you’re confused by any of the connections give me a shout and I’ll take a photo of how it should all connect up and post it here for you.

Basically though, without a separate powered hub supplying your SB2 it will never work as the iPad does not feed enough power out for it to turn on, whereas the MacBook has powered USB ports which is why it connects to it.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply sootee!
I have iPad Air 2 which does not have usb-c.
Will my iPad though also work with the usb-c hub?
And yes please send a picture, that would be most helpful!

The USB Hub I’ve linked is USB-A so will work on the Air2, there is a USB-C version but the one above will work for you… :+1:t2:

I now have a USB-C Ipad so give me 10 minutes to drag all the old kit out and I’ll post you something over very soon… :grinning:

Ah I get it (I was confusing usb- c with usb 3.0)
& how cool, thank you so much for your effort!

1 Like

Here you go…hope that helps…

Let me know how you get on… :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Sooo cool! I’ll order the hub straight away and I’ll definitely let you know :smiley: Merry x-mas!

1 Like

No worries. Merry Xmas to you as well. :smiley:

Actually I had an old usb 2.0 hub lying around which I tried to make it work but I thought the hub was broken but now with your pictures I found out it actually does work!!
It is so much gonna be a great Christmas now!! Thanks again :blush::star2::christmas_tree::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Woohoo!! Happy days…enjoy!!

:christmas_tree::tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :confetti_ball: :tada: :christmas_tree:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.