Pitch Faders- Strong sound degradation

MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017 Ventura
Macbook Air M2 - Ventura

Problem of strong degradation of the sound reproduced when moving the Pitch slider through 0. With and without controller

How to reproduce the issue:

Master Tempo Inserted and Key at 0 - Moves the Pitch cursor through zero.
No problem without Master Tempo
No problem with Master Tempo Entered with a higher or lower pitch Key.

Hi @CorradJ, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

Can you please also try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi, all
Device Model: MacBook Pro 2017 15-inch - Macbook Air M2 - I-Pad 2017
Version of operating system: Mac: Ventura 13.6.6. - Ipad: iPadOS ultima 2017
Version of djay: (Macbook Pro): 5.1.6 - (Macbook Air m2): 5.0.3
Hardware/controllers used DDJ1000 only on MacboockPro , but the problem exists with or without controller

Problem of strong degradation of the sound reproduced when moving the Pitch slider through zero. With and without controller
The problem is evident and generalized on different devices and versions of Djay, also verified with Reckordbox, same songs, no noise when the cursor passes over zero.
It’s clear that you have to mix using the slider Pitch to notice this no Sync… Master Tempo inserted, and default key
To hear well, try songs with long sounds such as keyboards or voices, songs with just drums and rhythm are not noticeable…

How to reproduce the issue:

Master Tempo Inserted and Key at default - Moves the Pitch cursor through zero.
No problem without Master Tempo
No problem with Master Tempo Entered with a higher or lower pitch Key.

Hi @CorradJ, thanks for the additional details. I’ve never heard of an issue like this before. It would be very helpful if could you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions , then share a link to the video here? Then I can forward this to our engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue. Thanks!

I’ve observed the same audio glitches when moving the pitch slider through zero. Running DJ Pro 5.1.6 on Mac M1 (Native).

I generated a 440Hz tone file in Audacity for clarity in this example : https://youtu.be/TlCUgyUVO_E

Note: moving pitch slider but staying within positive or negative range shows negligible artefacts. However moving through the zero position exhibits obvious aberrations.

Thanks for the video @Rob_Grimes. This really helps to clarify the issue. I have forwarded everything to the engineering team for further review. I’ll report back when I have news.

Hi,
Thanks for trying and posting a video. As I wrote, the noises can be heard with the Master Tempo inserted, while I don’t hear any noises with the Master Tempo deactivated or with the Master Tempo inserted but changing the key (Key of the Song) + or - indifferent

1 Like

Hi, Add for the engineers all the devices on which I have tested in addition to Rob_Grimes’ Macbook m1, and which has been doing so since at least version 5.0.3 on MacOs Ventura and on the latest version of IpadOs: mine is 2017

Version of operating system : Mac: Ventura 13.6.6. - Ipad: iPadOS latest 2017
Version of djay : (Macbook Pro): 5.1.6 - (Macbook Air m2): 5.0.3

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information @CorradJ. I’ve forwarded this to the team.

Hi, nothing has changed with version 5.1.7… But is the problem so obvious that no one notices? I do evenings and when I mix songs with melodies and synth carpets you can hear a lot

Hi @CorradJ, yes the engineering team is still working on this one. Thanks for the follow up.