Plans to Enhance djay's Auto-Gain Feature?

Hi,

Do you have any plans to improve the Auto-Gain function in the near future?

When playing tracks in djay, I experience significant differences in volume levels across tracks, despite having “Settings > Sound > Volume > Auto-Gain” enabled. My previous experience with software like Traktor Pro was much more consistent.

I’m wondering if this is a known issue and if improvements are expected.

• Version: Latest
  • Hardware: iMac Pro, using Mixon Pro 8
1 Like

It would help if you were more specific. Which tracks?

Please give an example of at least 2 tracks which have an audible level difference between them.

Typically auto-gain does not work as a compressor. It just looks for peaks and sets them consistently between tracks.

I know it doesn’t work as a compressor. Only looks for the peaks and normalises.

Even then it differs too much.

2 Likes

I’m curious to know whether there’s a way to see how (high or low) DJay has assessed the volume of a track and to what extent in dB it has adjusted it?

Is there a spot where I can see this?
This might help me better understand the differences I’m experiencing before I send some examples.

1 Like

Why don’t you tell us the track names and explain what the differences are?

Because you need the tracks themselves as well anyhow otherwise you cannot check anything.

So I wanted to first lookup the analysed/corrected Gain by Djay by myself in order to pinpoint the problem.

So is there a place where I can see (or correct) the volume perceived by Djay myself?

1 Like

We’re all DJs here. We have plenty of tracks. We also have access to streamed tracks on the offchance that we don’t have it stored locally.

We could if you told us the artists/titles as requested.

You posted for help. We’re trying to help. There’s no need for YOU to pinpoint the problem.

1 Like

I use the Mixon pro … With a Mac book pro M3 … The Auto features are terrible! I’ve tried all kinds of settings to get the output volume consistent. Suddenly it can blast out really loud, then low. I’ve read that people have returned the controller, I’m not convinced it’s a hardware issue. I will, re Install again the latest update for the controller, but I think it’s an issue with the software on this occasion.