Pre Cue Headphones doesn’t work on Android 10 USB-C with djay 3.0.4 and Reloop Mixtour

Hello everyone :wave:
I have been using the djay app alot lately and I was thinking about buying a midi controller. I noticed some people are having issues when using android devices. I have been on the Algoriddim site but can only find a list of compatible controllers. Is there a list of compatible android devices anywhere please?

I can’t exactly help you there but if you are going to buy a new controller, why not buy one of the many already listed on the Algoriddim site…

This way you know for certain it will work…

Hello there @maurizio_T, thanks for your help but i am not asking about supported controllers, i am asking about supported android devices. By this i mean phones and tablets. From what i understand, very few, if any android devices work with the list of supported controllers. Many people complain that pre-cue/headphones dont work when using an android device in conjunction with the supported controllers. So i am asking for a list of compatible android devices.

My apologies as l misunderstood,
I may stand corrected,again, but to the best of my knowledge Algoriddim isn’t compatible as yet with Android devices…
Only Mac and IOS and Windows to an extent…

I’m sure someone will chime in to correct me if I’m wrong though.

1 Like

They claim that android is supported but i am reading something very different on this forum.

2 Likes

Well I stand corrected but yes, everyone that has ever used Android complains of various problems with it…

To be honest it works best with IOS, followed by Mac and then Windows to a degree…

I have always used it with an iPad and thats my 8 years of experience with it…

Yes from what i am reading, the issue is that the headphones dont work when connected to a supported controller. Cant really djay without headphones. Yes it seems the ios users have a better experience but unfortunately i dont own an ipad. I guess i will give it a miss unless i can find a list of android devices where the headphones work.

1 Like

Hi @Wardy1,

Our testing team is looking into creating a table in which we list which Android devices work best with certain controllers running specific Android OS versions.

This thread is similar in nature to this one which you already commented on. I will be merging this thread with that one for better community management.

Thanks!

Hi all

Pioneer DDj-go 3
Connected usbc to
Samsung galaxy s22

Can’t get any audio to work. Tried
Headphones jack/audio out, usbc hub, Bluetooth.

When wego is disconnected from phone sound works

1 Like

Hi @Toorg,

Thanks for posting to the community!

We have heard of users writing in about a similar issue. May I ask what version of djay for Android you are using?

Looking forward to your response!

1 Like

Any news @NathanielAlgo

Hi everyone,

After doing some community thread organization I see that @SnAkEs1210 has bumped this old Android thread for review.

I will be merging this one with the current Android 10 USB-C pre-cueing thread linked below.

Thanks, all!

Hello NthanielAlgo.

I have the same Issue.
Samsung Active Pro Tablet Android 11. Reloop Beatpad 2. Algoriddim DJAY I also paid for all upgrades.
I am troubleshooting this for a week now. I am ready to ditch it all and go back to Vestax VCI and Windows.

But here is my last attempt.

I think it has to do with the USB Audio Drivers from Android/Samsung
On my research I found the follwing Audio Evolution Mobile for Android (extreamsd.com)

“…eXtream Software Development has written a custom USB audio driver from scratch because Android did not support USB audio until Android 5. Even Android 5 and upward has very limited support for USB audio devices (see below) and as such this driver remains very useful for every Android version higher than 3.1. Next to that, our driver provides low latency, making it possible for example to play virtual instruments in real-time on many devices that cannot do this using the Android driver…”

Hooking up the Beatpad 2 to their trail version lets me choose between Channel 1-2 and Channel 2-3 (Head phone Cue)…
AND IT WORKS !

Just copy their approach
So please work this out.

By the way I tried it on a Friend’s LG Phone with Android 11 and DJAY + Beat Pad worked 100% out of the BOX. So must be a problem with certain Makers USB Audio Drivers

1 Like

There’s the real problem. It might be your particular tablet, it might be your vendors Android version, it might be the firmware of the Beatpad in combination with your USB interface or drivers. Who knows…

Does the OS see the Beatpad sound channels to begin with (can you use them with other software)?

If not, then you’ll have to ask the other parties first, because in that case it sure doesn’t look like it’s something Algoriddim should / can fix…

To be clear: one might be able to write their own low level stuff, but apart from the effort there are standards for a reason.

Well I chatted with samsung for a bit but nower days support is so complicated the bigger the companies are. And since I found this Audio Evolution Mobile for Android being able to play on Channel 1-2 and 2-3 seperately on the same Tablet same USB hub same Beatpad 2 … Algoriddim should be able to do it too.

The current state of Samsung Active Pro and the S8 Samsung phone is that Channel 1-2 and 2-3 come out of the Master out. When you press cue it will be laid on top of the Master. Headphone port is not getting any signal.

2 Likes

For sure. Hopefully Algoriddim can do something for you, but sadly I wouldn’t be surprised if they can’t do a lot.

If you’re lucky it’s a simple tweak they can fix, but writing custom USB audio drivers from scratch is not straightforward at all and frankly Algoriddim shouldn’t have to be doing that in the first place if the hardware and OS would be working as advertised.

Meanwhile I’d try to contact Reloop too if I were you.

1 Like

I reached again out to Reloop that’s the answer:

“as stated in my mail before, for compatibility with your specific android device you will have to wait for Algoriddim to give you an answer. Our following controllers are compatible with android: Beatpad 2, Mixtour, Mixon 4, Buddy & Ready. The described issue is not an issue with the hardware but with the software as it is not easy for Algoriddim to make all kind of android devices compatible as each device uses different hardware components. Thats why we promote our controllers mainly for iOS as the integration between hard- and software works way more smoothly.”

[Moderated for inappropriate content]

I sell all this shit. A 1000$ Tablet and a 1000$ Controller. And I make sure I will leave a google review!

1 Like

FWIW, a much cheaper iPad would have done the job better.

The answer is not consistent either, as they state correctly it does have to do with different hardware. Still, Algoriddim should be clear on what works or not. Recommended hardware maybe?

2 Likes

The Samsung Active Pro si Mil Tech spec works from -25 +35 can fall onto concrete from 1.5 meters.
I can drag and drop Music files from the Computer can upgrade the storage via SD card…
perfect companion for Outdoor activities.

So if you think about it Apple is not a logical choice but it keeps it’s monopoly and Suppliers, Software developers and a massive Fanbase are a big part of it… I

I have been talking to Algoriddim support for months now. Basically i don’t think anything can be done/will be done. Algoriddim’s dev team are now focusing their efforts on creating a list of devices that actually work with their software and reloops controllers.

I have asked them if they have tested any android tablets and if they could let me know of any that work but they declined and said that they are still working on the list which seems a bit odd. I only need one tablet to work and then i will purchase that one but they seem to want to keep their findings secret until they have a full list.

Annoyingly, i feel like i could have sent my tablet back for a refund at the start of all this but unfortunately Algoriddim kept telling me that they were working on a fix. Now it seems that a fix is not likely and instead a list of working devices will be released which means that my tablet will probably never work and its now too late to send it back.

I also can’t see what is taking so long with the list, its litterally been months now. I can’t imagine that many current devices work and as a result i would think that the list they are creating is very small. i just feel it would be a great help to release what they have got so far so it feels like something is moving in the right direction.