Pre Cue Headphones doesn’t work on Android 10 USB-C with djay 3.0.4 and Reloop Mixtour

Pre-queueing doesnt work for reloop mixtour djay app 3.0.4. Phone Xiaomi Mi9 Android 10 USB-C.

Connection:
djay (Androind USB-c) → USB-C to USB Adaptor → USB Cable to Reloop Mixtour-> Reloop Mixtour RCA to Minijack Speaker. Head Phones for Preview/Queue do not work (plug into the reloop mixtour controller)

It work perfectly with VirtualDJ (on my Mac) and same setup so USB-C to USB adaptor → etc …

From my other phone with Type-B Micro have to say it works perfectly, so seems as it is from an Android that only has USB-C output.

Is this an issue? since for iOS you needed to release 3.6.4 to fix a similar issue

1 Like

by the way

From my other phone with  **Type-B Micro**  have to say it works perfectly, so seems as it is from an Android that only has USB-C output.

The above is from my Android 9 phone in case there is a bug on Android 10.

The same issue is happening for Android, Pre-cue headphones with reloop mixtour is not working (version 3.0.4), they work perfectly with Virtual DJ, not with djay.

1 Like

Hi @joaquin386,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken and for sharing the additional information about your Type-B Micro USB device working as expected.

Our team is looking into the issue and we’ll keep you updated with any news here. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

Thx Emily, keep us updated on the issue.

I think it might be something with Android 10 as with Android 10 and USB-C 99% of the things work except the Pre-Cue.

1 Like

Our team has reproduced the issue on our devices here, and will investigate this further. However, we have a workaround that may work in the meantime. It seems that the order of how you connect your hardware may make a difference here. Could you please try connecting your setup in the following order and let me know if pre-cueing works for you then?

1. First, connect the adapter only with your Android phone.
  2. Then, connect the controller with the adapter.

Our team found that if you have the controller connected to the adapter first, and then connect the adapter with the Android device, pre-cueing doesn’t work properly.

Please let me know if this workaround solves the issue for now. And thanks in advance for your patience while we look into this!

Hi emily

I have try your solution but doesn’t work.

I have tried:

1. First, connect the adapter only with your Android phone.
  2. Then, connect the controller with the adapter.
    Also with the djay app on/off when doing your solution (same with the controller on/off) but still the same result (not working). The Pre-Cue still mute.

All the rest of feature work fine but not that Pre-Cue.

1 Like

Thanks for giving that a try and sorry to hear it didn’t fix the issue. I’ll keep you updated here as soon as I get updates from our development team. Thanks again for your patience.

1 Like

Hi, any update here, or can you comment on the prioritization of this fix? It has been almost a year now.

I purchased the Mixtour to use with my phone, but it is only usable with a laptop due to this issue (see also No sound with Reloop Mixtour on Samsung S10). As I am just a hobby DJ, my goal was to be able to DJ at parties with very minimal gear. The laptop requirement makes it really not worth it to me, so owning this Mixtour is somewhat pointless for me until this is fixed.

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_Wood,

Thanks for checking in about this issue. This was discovered to be a system bug, which we reported to Google awhile back and it was thought to have been fixed with Android 11. However, we had continued reports from users with this issue using Android 11 as well. I’ll push this topic internally again to see what more we can do from our side. Thank you again for your patience.

1 Like

Hi

The same problem here.

Reloop MIXTOUR

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE

Android 11 UI 3.1

Djay 3.0.14

2 Likes

Somos varios con el mismo problema.
Samsung Galaxy tab S7 FE

1 Like

Today I received an update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE

Now I am using Android 12 UI 4.1

Djay 3.0.15

The problem is not solved.

1 Like

I have a phone that is on Android 6 and cue works with that phone, but not on my Android 12 phone. I have to mix by looking at the waveforms.

2 Likes

I add some information:

Reloop MIXTOUR
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Android 11 UI 3.1
Djay 3.0.14

With this setup.
Audio output channels 1 and 2 (speaker) are mixed with 3 and 4 (headphones) in channels 1 and 2.
I mean the headphone output is heard through the speakers.

Reloop MIXTOUR
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Android 12UI 4.1
Djay 3.0.15

With this configuration, output channels 1 and 2 (speaker) work correctly.
Channels 3 and 4 (headphones) are totally inaudible, the sound does not come out in the headphones or in the loudspeakers.

For both setups, MIXTOUR’s midi control works fine with Djay.
The “split output” function, which allows channel 1 to be used for the loudspeakers and channel 2 for the headphones with an adapter, also works correctly.
The problem is only with routing the audio channels to use audio outputs 1-2 and 3-4.

Out of curiosity, I tried this app with MIXTOUR: Audio Evolution Mobile for Android

With this application, which uses a specific driver, all mixtour audio outputs work correctly.

I believe that Algoriddim can seek a solution with the people at eXtream :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the additional information on this thread! I’ll be sure our Development Team is aware of this info, and I will keep this thread updated with any news.

1 Like

I am also experiencing the same problem. I purchased djay pro because it said it would unlock “precueing” but this is a false statement.

Everything works on my reloop beatpad except for the headphones. I press the “headphone” button on my controller and nothing happens. I also turned headphones up to maximum volume and twisted the dial from “cue” to “mix” but still silence.

This is a really crazy situation. The app and controller are both completely and utterly useless without precuing.

The most annoying thing is that this problem seems to have persisted for years, according to this forum, yet companies like reloop, still to this day, claim that their controllers work with android, which they don’t.

I have literally just bought My beatpad and am devasted to find out that it doesnt work properly despite it having the Algoriddim and djay logos embosed on it. I feel like this is totally misleading and that I have been mis sold both the hardware and the app.

I have tested the reloop beatpad on two Sony Xperia phones, a Samsung Note 10 plus and a Samsung tab 7 plus.

Has there been any update at all or have we all bought controllers that are destined to never going to work?

3 Likes

5 months since the last comment, unbelievable!!!

what about the bug in the waveform of your app, do you have any plans to update your app to android 12? it’s hard to beat match the waveform because it runs intentionally even if the bpm is the same, it doesn’t sync (manual beat match) you need to activate the auto sync to beatmatch…hopefully… android 12 users here.

Hi @Zhask_Matzunaga,

For better thread management could you please create a new post regarding your waveform issue?

Have a nice day!

1 Like