Quantize of Hot cues not working well.

If quantize is turned off, none of the different quantity settings will make any difference. When you’re using hot queues, do you only ever jump to the start of a bar? If so, then you’re fine using four beat settings. Does that make sense? However, my reason for starting this topic in my issue is that quantize in this app is far less superior than every other app that I’ve used.

I do know what you mean. Traktor also has ‘snap’ which means if you are slightly off it will snap to the beat. Very useful.

1 Like

Exactly. In my mind this is what quantise should do.

it might be my imagination but even if Quantize is turned off, if I have it set at 1/16, I feel it acts like it’s switched on…
I generally set it at 4

If you have it set to four. Press the hot cue 1 beat late. Then you should definitely notice a difference. Then turn on, quit and do the same thing. It will not play the hot cue until the following bar.

1 Like

Upon doing more research, somebody asked for this to be fixed a couple of years ago check out this link.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Nubium. As I said, I shared this with the engineering team and they are looking into it further. I will share any developments here when I have them.

Fantastic thanks so much… I’ve been doing a lot of research on this forum and I can see how active you are. Do you work for algorithm or just a very very keen forumist ?!? I don’t think that’s a word lol.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Nubium. I’ve been an active user on this forum for many years, but only recently started working for Algoriddim in September/October 2023. So most of my older posts will be from the perspective of a user not Algoriddim Staff.

Well, you really are doing a fantastic job. I love the fact that I’m being heard. I think there is a stigma about not using Serrato or record box, but this really needs to change as I think Djay Has huge potential and it’s very close to being perfect.

3 Likes

Thanks @Nubium, that’s great to hear! I really appreciate it.

Really good thread this. I tested with iPad and iPhone and although not as slick as say Traktor I am still able to be ok with it. If snap could be added that would be fantastic though. I used to have prime 4 back in 2019 and I couldn’t get to grips at all with Engine. I really love Traktors way of quantise, sync and snap. It’s so good. But alas Traktor is way way behind with no real sign of key enhancements. They will come for sure but who knows when. I used Djay back in 2014/15 and it was the closest software where I could have the most fun outside of Traktor. And today well it’s way more fun.

I was the same as you, Had a Prime 2 for a few weeks and just found Engine Prime to be a bit clumsy for my liking,
The Prime 2 however was an excellent build controller.
Then went to the Rane One and haven’t looked back.
I would like to try the Mixon 8 though, That looks like a good kit

1 Like

Rane one looks dope man. Possibly number 1 controller for djay pro right now. Mixon 8 is really good. Stock mapping is ok but @Slak_Jaw has taken it to a whole new level with his mapping. So much fun. To be able to split stem and scratch acapella is ace.

1 Like

Serato and denon prime have good quantise/snap

Not so sure in 2019 engine prime did. Maybe in later versions. Sync was horrible every time you loaded new track it knocked it off. Over last 2-3 years engine has really improved

1 Like

Totally agree, I tried Engine not long after you did and it wasn’t no where near Algoriddim level…
I think they may have improved since then though

I did the same. Bought a Prime 4 and ended up using it in computer mode with djay Pro running on an iPad.

1 Like

Slak, you’re doing the work for the people. I truly appreciate you.

1 Like

Thanks @Richie_P1! I appreciate the recognition :slight_smile:

1 Like