RANE FOUR DJAY pro

Still no news of support for Rane Four ?
At today, it is not possible to use it with Djay iOS ?

1 Like

Hopefully they will support the Rane Four this year. I have one that I have been trying to map, to come close to it being functional for Four Decks and nothing.

I also would like to request mapping for the Rane Four from Algoriddim’s technical staff. I think this controller could be the best one to use DJPro AI in its full capacity.

I used a friend’s DDJ-1000SRT for 3 months and it was good but this Rane Four is so much more suited for DJPro AI if the techs can get all the Stem features to work on it. Scary good control for DJPro AI if that happens.

I can use both Serato or DJPro AI but I prefer DJPro AI because it very simple the beat grid analysis was very accurate compared to Serato. I have 85,659 songs purchased from iTunes and I have only had to make tiny corrections to 986 songs vs Serato to many to even want to deal with it. I have over 5,670 songs that need the grid corrections in Serato. When I’m have to use Serato I don’t bother with those songs.

Hurry and Map the Rane Four please …

1 Like

Help! RANE Four/DJAY pro Algoriddim mapping

2 Likes

We are approaching the third quarter of this year and still no news from the support people and algorithm of what’s going on with the Rane Four mapping.

I know they worked on plenty of other controller mapping prior to this, I wonder if this is ever going to come to fruition or is on there Radar. Has anyone heard any news or statement from DJPro AI support staff about the Rane Four support effort?

I can only hold on for three more months to the end of the year, then I have to move on to something else.

2 Likes

@The_Shadow_DJ there is no official news from Algoriddim. In my experience over the years, they do not provide release dates for support of any hardware. Basically they announce it when it’s ready.

My recommendation continues to be: do not purchase any new unsupported hardware in hopes that official support will be coming soon. Stick to hardware that is already on the supported list or wait for an official announcement before purchasing.

4 Likes

Of course not what I wanted to hear but understandable and thank you for the candor in your response. I have only been using DjPro AI since it was released so not too familiar with their support system.

What prompted me to ask this question is that when I’m not DJing, I work as a Product Manager for a software development company and just figured someone knew something. Our software only supports certain appliances also but we have very good relationships with the manufacturing companies so we get prototypes to work with before the product launches to the public. This way our updates and releases arrive to the customer in a timely manner so the competition doesn’t take our market share.

I guess I will have to sadly and reluctantly move over to Serato at the end of the year if no updates surface. Since Pioneer purchased Serato who knows if they will continue supporting Serato or just come out with a new hybrid SeratoRecBox (Serato + RecordBox) software? hmmmm

I miss the more simpler time of vinyl. slight_smile:

1 Like

You know what would be an amazing announcement for 2024?
Official support for Rane Four.

#can’t wait

Happy New Year team Algoriddim :tada:

3 Likes
    how to use corntroller

Please may the development team make it Rane! :umbrella: :grin: :pray:

2 Likes

Kind of a shame we’re still waiting on this eh? :frowning:

3 Likes

Acho que não vai ser mapeado. Já cancelei minha assinatura.

I am still hoping for some announcement during what remains of NAMM Show on this. This is what has kept me from pulling the trigger on Rane Four :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Temos alguma novidade?

And it’s what is keeping me from pulling the trigger on djay pro. I LOVE my Rane Four. Serato Video is a mess on Windows and when researching alternatives I considered djay pro, but it looks like I’m going to be on VDJ for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

WE NEED RANE FOUR SUPPORT!

Please

1 Like

Rane/Alpha-Theta/Denon/Pioneer are beginning to see Djay Pro as a threat to their livelihood.
You will probably not get much cooperation from this corporate conglomerate to get thier higher end controllers to work with Djay Pro.
Part of this an attempt to illicit negative responses from the DJ community to use as propaganda against DJay Pro/Algoriddim.
Please take the time to post on the equipment manufacturers forums, email support, make calls or whatever you must do and let them know that you want to have the ability to use the gear you bought and own with any DJ app you choose.
Algoriddim has done an amazing job starting from scratch and rising to where Djay Pro stands today, you can’t place all the blame on them for this union of hardware and software not to come to fruition.

I think the basic underlying problem is that the form factor of these ‘ancient’ controllers lags behind the requirements for modern mixing. As a beginning DJ, I did not have experience with these controllers and did start from scratch with a generic midi controller with push buttons and endless encoders.
This works perfect, but, because they are generic, you need a kind of muscle memory to quickly operate them. On the flip-side, to use normal controllers in a daily workflow requires the same, but there you have dedicated texts for guidance.
I use 2 controllers with 16 encoders each. On the primary I only use one bank, on the secondary 2. 48 encoders (push/turn), and still I could use more.

I think a brave hardware company should have the guts to re-visit the DJ controller concept. Come up with something better than the things that did not fundamentally change the last 20 years, that are designed primarily for stand-alone use. These controllers simply do not match the requirements for modern software dominated mixing.

2 Likes

Hi Slak_Jaw
Thanks for posting :slight_smile:
Is it possible to change Algoriddim priorities by starting a crowdfund project with the sole purpose of getting support for Rane four ? I see 24 votes, If we think that 12 is willing to pay say 20E each, 240E isnt much in “company terms” but … better than just “writing/shouting” ?
Best regards
Steen, owner :wink: Rane four, which by all means is a wonderful controller :slight_smile: easy acces to stems voice on a fader is really, really good. Doing gigs where I control +95 % of the music gives serato/rane four an impressive edge. If “one buttom touch gets stems separation on fader” is possible to implement with djaypro ( version 2 - 5 ) on a standard 4 channel ( could be : denon mc6000mk2, hercules 500, reloop mixon pro8 ) controller : please post link, or idea to midimap that, TIA

2 Likes

I’m willing to put in $100 to get the Rane Four working with DJPro like it does natively like it does with Serato.

24 x $100 = $2,400 that is a little something now.

1 Like

Hi @steenbdj @The_Shadow_DJ,

Thank you for being so committed to djay and willingness to put money on the line in return for hardware support.

As you all know, there are many factors at play when developing official support for hardware such as the RANE FOUR.

However, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you continue to voice your support for new controller implementations.

Keep the votes coming! Have a nice day!

1 Like