Rane One - Back spin issue

Hi guys, great job on version 3.7.8, this appears to have solved many of the issues I was experiencing whilst using the Rane One with Djay!

I’m here to report one that hasn’t yet been fixed, but to be fair the issue is buried in another thread.

I’m finding that with very fast back spins that the deck I’ve done the back spin on sometimes gets stuck playing backwards.

This technique is used for scratch DJs and beat juggling. For instance trying to loop a single beat manually.

I’ve managed to catch this on video twice. Please excuse how off the timing is, I was just trying to recreate the issue:

@Guillermo is this something that could be checked out? I’m not sure if it specific to the rane controllers such as the One and Twelve?

1 Like

Hi @Private_Repress,

Thanks for creating a new thread about this issue.

I wasn’t aware that you reported this issue on one of the other threads. It’s better to create new threads for each bug that you find, even though it’s the same controller. That way we won’t miss anything :wink:

The videos look very cool and clear from that perspective.

This bug is funky! I’ve reported it to our developers and they’ll have a look at it as soon as possible.

As always, I’ll keep you posted here with any updates. I’m sure that very soon this controller will work perfectly with djay!

2 Likes

@Guillermo thanks mate, your support has been superb. I’ll be sure to create a new thread for anything else. If you need anything else regarding this issue please don’t hesitate to ask :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Guillermo thank you for fixing this in the new update. Looking forward to trying it out :slight_smile:

Yes please let us know how you went…I haven’t seen much difference with the new update, the same issues are still happening for me although the crashing has all but disappeared…

If I let my ipad screen go to locked mode, I need to reset the app and switch the Rane One on/off again otherwise it glitches…
Have you noticed this as well?

1 Like

Hey @maurizio_T,

Hey @Private_Repress,

Let us know how this new update works for you. We believe the backspin issue has been solved, however, it would be great if you could confirm this :slight_smile: Thanks in advance for your collaboration!

Cheers, G

I set my iPad to never screen lock. Occasionally I manually lock it while juggling so not to get into a habit if staring at the wave forms. Doesn’t seem to be a problem for me mate.

1 Like

@Guillermo certainly appears that you’ve fixed the back spin issue! It feels so solid when executing fast juggles now! Great work, thank you for addressing this :+1:t2::clap:t2::facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back to us with the good news @Private_Repress :slight_smile: I’ll go ahead and close this thread then.

Let us know if you ever encounter any other issues on the RANE ONE, we’ll be happy to help you out.

Feel free to share more of your cool scratching videos with the Community :headphones: I’m sure others will like it!

Cheers, G

1 Like