RANE ONE glitches since 4.0.3 update

Thanks, I have changed that before and like the snap to 1 beat setting, but it’s not working the same as it did prior to the latest update.

PLSSSSSS READ THIS IF YOU DON’T OWN A RANE ONE CONTROLLER.

if you have any issues regarding the software program that doesn’t include our issue, please stop asking questions about things that don’t include [RANE ONE glitches since 4.0.3 update]. Please go make your own thread and get help there, stop responding to this forum we are here to get specific help.

Update after using 11 inch M1 iPad pro with Rane One Controller :

• Honestly could be a lot smoother and visually appealing with the appearance. Add tempo sliders and give an option to remove the jog wheels.
  • Takes a lot of battery 40 min of usage was 30% down from 100% on my iPad, weird with a 4gb RAM and M1 takes this much. It weirdly takes a lot of battery. Help fix this !!!
  • Deck A filter knob while mixing live was very touchy. When off the filter and moving to a HI-LOW filter knob it cuts off sound (Literally) and ruins that side of mixing while Deck B works fine. Deck A filter was so bad when it moved it back to a neutral position, it cut off sound completely and acted for spilt seconds it was on either side phase cutting the music of Deck B all the way.

FIX THIS @Emily, again i’m gonna read “our team will get back soon…” like seriously put a dev in this forum not a chat representative. The last update was 2 weeks ago, the last update from that was a month before. Do you expect me to wait this long ??? I am so confused Pls respond ASAP or I will go to head office regarding no response to my initial request.

Conclusion: I need my M1 Pro Macbook to work with my Rane controller. End of story !

wait - would you rather the people who write the code stop their work on your problem to talk to you about it, or just do the work? The Emilys in a situation like this fill a key role.
yes, it adds a layer of potential communications errors, but it allows the people who do the real work to focus on their jobs.
and “algoriddim Emily” if you read this, I would say it may be time to have some pro users interface directly with the Lead dev(s) just to keep the peace/customers/subscribers. while this forum helps with config and usage bugs, a major supported interface losing significant functionality is considerably more serious

2 Likes

As mentioned previously, our Dev Team has been looking into the problems with the RANE ONE reported on this thread in order to fix them in a soon-to-come update. As they weren’t able to reproduce all of the issues you’ve reported, please be aware that a member of our Dev Team will be in touch with you directly via email to get more information. Thanks for your understanding!

In all honesty Emily, all they need to do is re release 4.0.2, that would quickly fix the Rane one issues and only Rane one users need to update whilst Algoriddim find a fix for 4.0.3,

New update is out, anyone tried it yet?

1 Like

Not yet, Im a bit afraid to :joy:
I’ll try it on my backup ipad which has 4.0.3 later on this afternoon and get back to you…
Problem is that in quick testing, I might not be able to see if there are any new issues even if they have fixed the current ones…

I’ve took the plunge… so far it’s not fixed any of the issues I’ve had. There’s a new one though :man_facepalming:t2:

Deck B has very bad cue point drift, I mean really bad. I’ll raise a new ticket with a video.

Gutted, I thought the update would be to address the issues

@Private_Repress thank you for the separate threads about the issues you’re seeing with drift and the EQs jumping.

Are you still seeing any other issues with the RANE ONE?

1 Like

Where do you want me to start?
If you read through the thread, we have already stated the existing problems and it appears that not only did those problems not get resolved with the latest update, but extra problems were created…

1 Like

Hi @maurizio_T,

First of all, thanks for all of your helpful feedback about the RANE ONE existing problems up to this point, on this thread as well as others here in the Community. We really appreciate it!

That said, as we’ve just released the 4.0.4 update with some fixes to the RANE ONE functionality with djay, could you please confirm that you’ve updated to this new version? If so, are you saying that none of the issues you’ve outlined in this thread have been resolved? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

3 Likes

At the time I replied, I hadn’t updated my backup (test) iPad but only read what Private Repress had experienced as we both have a similar set up…
I did update last night and it appears to have fixed the main issue I found which was the cue pads flickering randomly every time I pressed the track select knob on the Rane, it basically looked as if the Rane One was switching itself on/off every time I tried to select a track…

I can confirm that with 4.0.4, that appears to have been fixed…

I haven’t put it through it’s paces to check for any other bugs though but as Private Repress’s videos show, there clearly are some still there…

The one gremlin that is still present and although being annoying, is not overly critical is that the issue I am still having as of 4.0 which is using the track Search function.

Example, If I have a track playing on Deck 1 and I use deck 2 track select knob to bring up my library, when I type in a track that I am trying to search if I then select that track it will try and load to the deck that is currently playing which would be Deck 1 in this case, I do have
“Protect Active Deck” selected in settings so it doesn’t actually load but it is very annoying,

The only work around is either to use the instant doubles feature and then for some reason it allows the searched track to load or select the load track icon on the actual iPad itself…
Note this glitch only happens whilst the iPad is in Portrait mode (which is the way I prefer to use it)
It doesn’t appear to be an issue in Landscape mode…

As noted here, it doesn’t appear to be a Rane One isolated issue…

3 Likes

maybe Today’s update v4.0.5 has that addressed?
They’re flying fast and furious, the updates lately. this is a good thing…algoriddim seems to have gotten all hands on deck!

The release note for v4.0.5 solely relates to a connection issue that has been addressed with the DDJ Rev7

while that’s what is clearly expressed, there may be other issues that magically disappear because of the focus on that fix. it’s not unfeasible - there IS an element of alchemy to coding. an update is an update, and until we can think exactly as computers do, we have to be open to and appreciate the occasional magic.

1 Like

Was just checking back to see if DJAY/Rane one combo has been fixed and I feel so sorry for you guys, gig anxiety sucks. I really miss the stem manipulation and the beautiful GUI, but coming up on 50 gigs with Serato bug free really is worth its weight in gold. Can you guys just buy Serato and combine forces?

Still a subscriber and fingers still crossed!

1 Like

Haha, we miss you here buddy! But as you have seen, the more things change, the more they stay the same :wink:

The main reason I am still using Algoriddim is that it’s iPad compatible and l love the Neural mix function…

If Serato offered the same I would probably consider switching…

2 Likes

Mmm let’s hope the issues magically disappear

1 Like

Yes, “magically” indeed :joy:

1 Like