Rane Performer Support

So they confirmed that it IS USB Class Compliant?

They didnā€™t say that, they said DJ Pro could make it work if they mapped the software and put the work into it

Iā€™ll tell you tomorrow, whether itā€™s gonna work at all or not when I hook mine up

Did you specifically ask them about iOS at least? Because a MIDI mapping alone will not work for iOS if this device is not USB Class Compliant.

The whole conversation was about iOS specifically, but was at work and had 200 things going on and didnā€™t ask specifically I just put in another ticket and asked for a call. I will ask if itā€™s class compliant or not.
If not, is that something that can be rectified with a firmware update, or is it dependent on the hardware design? I hope it is class compliant, because I want to be able to not have to be tethered to a damn laptop. I canā€™t imagine why they would make something in 2024 that is not class compliant.

But as I mentioned, if I hook mine up to my Ipad Pro tomorrow, dj pro should at least recognize the controller I would imagine if it is class compliant.

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing more @kfarrell70. Thanks!

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question/suggestion/feedback:
Today the Performer from Rane is launched while we are still waiting for the Rane 4 support.

In general I noticed that stem mixing is slowly getting more attention but to be able to really be creative with stems we have to reinvent the mixer instead of adding it into existing mixer setups.

But for now the new Rane Performer is our best bedt.

What do you think?

Being able to adjust stem levels with the EQ knobs, separating stems onto different channels and applying FX to individual stems has been possible in VirtualDJ for quite some time now - without requiring a ā€œreinventedā€ mixer.

I donā€™t have the unit yet. But Rane called back. Hereā€™s what they said. ā€œItā€™s not class compliant, but thatā€™s not to say it can not work with iOS if DJ Pro writes the software to work with it, or DJ Player pro writes the software.ā€

1 Like

Awww bummer not class compliant. Bit of a fopar from Inmusic there I think. Would be an incredible unit if was class compliant. Would maybe work with Mac though but would need midi mapping which in Djay pro isnā€™t that difficult. You could be the first to get a workable mapping out there :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi @kfarrell70, I spoke with our engineering team. The statement from RANE is most likely misinformed. Non-class compliant devices are strictly not supported on iOS. Non-class compliant devices require drivers, however, Apple does not support running drivers on iOS. So, this hardware will not work on iOS.

Yep, contemplating a return. Sucks. I donā€™t know how to do midi mapping. Iā€™ve only been into this stuff a few months.

1 Like

@kfarrell70, MIDI Mapping in djay is not as difficult as it sounds. Hereā€™s a guide for macOS:

Thanks, but since this thing will not work with iOS, most likely Iā€™ll be returning it.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome @kfarrell70

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame. Controller looks amazing

Yep they really screwed up.

1 Like

Hello!
It looks like the Rane Performer is plug and play for Serato now on Macs and PCs. Is the djay pro dev team working on plug and play for this controller (Mac and PC)? Will a midi mapping for a MacBook Pro work?

Hi @Djsynn, I cannot comment at this time regarding what the dev team is working on. However, you should be able to MIDI map this controller yourself on macOS and Windows.

Thank you Slak_Jaw. Itā€™s unfortunate that the Rane Performer is out now (which I purchased) and no line of sight to plug and play to Djay Pro. I am forced to use Serato now in order to take advantage of this controller. The mapping seems complex for this controller. Question: Is there a way to use the Rane One mapping to use as a starting point? Seems like the only major change would be mapping the spinning platters? If so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks for the considerationā€¦

3 Likes