Rane Performer Support

Will there be support for the upcoming Rane 4 channel motorized controller?

It hasn’t even been officially released yet :rofl:

5 Likes

They could start with a controller that is already shipping.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Cleveland_Terry any news on DJ Pro working with this new leaked Rane Controller in your recent video? :rofl:

2 Likes

Some more pics of the Rane Performer have surfaced:

https://disqus.com/by/rediknight/

[update] these are stills taken from a video by @iz_avila on Instagram.

1 Like

I doubt it. Looks like a Rane Four with motorized platters and the Rane Four requires drivers. I would be very surprised if this one was class compliant when the Rane Four isn’t.

On a semi related note I would have much preferred just a Rane one with hardware effects. At least Ones will be flooding the used market when this releases, so they will probably be pretty cheap.

Algoriddim is also available for Mac OS and Windows.

I use Rane One at every gig with an iPad works perfect

Can we maybe start with support for the Rane 4 before the performer lol… Any news on whether that is even in the works? I am really contemplating selling my Rane 4 and going back to a Rane 1 just so I can use Djay Pro ay my gigs with an iPad. Wasnt totally sold on the Mixon 8 Pro, Ill wait for the next revision.

1 Like

@Juan_Perez - Im assuming you need a separate power source for the Ipad as the USB on the Rane 1 would not charge the device during gigs? Also, do the features like auto crossfade effects work or toggle music buttons work on the Rane 1 np? Midi mapping prob no issues as well?

If you have a Gen 9 or older iPad with lightning port, you will need a genuine Apple Lightning to camera adapter which will allow you to charge your iPad using an iPad charger brick…
If you have a Gen 10 or later IPad Air or Pro with USB C port, you will need a usb hub.