Rane Performer Support

Sorry, I meant the rane four mapping as a starting point…

1 Like

You’re welcome. I don’t have access to either the Rane Four or Performer so I don’t know. Given that these two devices are nearly identical, it might work. I’d say plug it in a give it a try. If it doesn’t work straight away, I’d post in the Rane Four thread and ask someone to share the built-in MIDI mapping to you can try to load it on your iPad.

1 Like

Im about to be in the same boat as you @chisolmre01 . Let me know if the Four’s midi works with the performer. Mine should get here next week.

1 Like

It’s a no go on the latest Djay Pro program having any base plug and play with the Rane performer (no association with the Rane 4 integration). The only option right now is to midi map the entire controller. That will be tremendous work. FYI: The Rane Performer (connected with Serato) is amazing!. Can’t wait to see the integration with Djay Pro! :wink:

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw I just ordered the performer too. I am curious if you know whether it would work on laptop even if we are not sure of iOS yet.

I’m hoping so, as I’m using a 2 in 1 laptop, with windows :frowning:
Serato works decent on it, but I don’t like Serato. It looks like it was designed in High School computer class in 1986 on a Commodore 64

1 Like

I got it working with dj pro, I just used a sledgehammer and chisel and some bubblegum. Dm if you need me to do this to your unit?

1 Like

How did you get the Performer to work?

This hardware is not yet supported by djay. Also, from what I’ve heard it is not USB class compliant. If this is indeed the case it will not be compatible with iOS devices. However, you should be able to create your own custom MIDI mapping on macOS and Windows.

1 Like

Hello Chad, I’m using a MacBook Pro and haven’t been able to get the integration with Djay Pro and the Rane Performer. Can you please share if you figured it out?
Thanks!

Did you read my post :joy:???
Give me your unit and I’ll sledge hammer it and reconfigure it with bubble gum :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Virtual DJ just announced support for the Performer. I hope Algoriddm is on top of this. I’m loving VDJ a lot more than Serato. The looping works great and automatic, unlike Serato, where I always have to mess with grids, start and end points. Just hit loop and it figures it out, just like Algoriddm. But I’d rather use Algoriddm, so guys, please get on this.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback @kfarrell70. I’ve moved your post to the RANE Performer support topic. Please cast your vote for adding support for this hardware at the top left of this page. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello all! Just letting you know that support for the RANE Performer on macOS and Windows was just added today with djay 5.2.2.

4 Likes

@chisolmre01 have you tried 5.2.2 yet on the performer?

I just saw this video, which is misleading, he’s saying not out for the Ipad yet, but as mentioned 300 times above, the device is not class compliant.

3 Likes