Recording with djay 2 and Spotify

I have just found this out after a superb d and b mix I wanted to listen to but ALS it didn’t record the mix, just the songs I played in a playlist on my spotify! That sucks balls!!!

Will it eventually support recording playback warren??? I love the app, love spotify and love hearing my mixes back. 2 out of 3 is a raw deal.

I mean… there is really nothing stopping you from hooking your phone up to your computer’s microphone jack with a male-to-male cable, setting your computer to listen to the microphone so you can hear your mixing, and then just record a WAV directly from your phone’s output. Can’t be done in app, but it’s not like it can’t be done.

we need somebody from cydia to come up with a tool for this feature…

I must be missing something, but as a paying customer of algoriddim & spotify, I can record (have my computer memorize) the tracks I play back to back but you need to be licensed to allow me to mix those same tracks together? Please enlighten me.

Make a record, feature if u can share n we mix. B.s y we can’t record. U $ hungry. Game,set match

i see the stop and start record button. i see how i can save the songs list in a pdf file.

uhh…ANYONE CAN ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE ON HOW TO…

RECORD???

MIGHT HELP.

As far as i can see, there is no help whatsoever anywhere as to how to actually save the recording into an audio file

yes

i repeat
a simple audio file. that i can just transfer or use into my iTunes library.

ANYONE

ANYONE…

It’s really not that hard people there are a million other ways to record that mix to your computer and 10 dollars a month for spotify is nothing I paid for it before djay 2 had support and it has an astronomical amount of music that is worth way more than 10 dollars a month

I have paid premium Spotify since it started and this feels like a total kick in the balls and sucks sh*t out a dead dog’s @rse. Will be recording with a computer and uploading to Soundcloud simply for the hell of it now. Other than that, it all rocks and works great together. Spotify! sort this bum fluff out now, please. X

That’s the whole point. I have done this and posted mix to Mixcloud with track listings (all perfectly above board and artist receives royalties):

http://www.mixcloud.com/the-elected/e…

So, this very fact is what makes withholding and not allowing the record function completely pointless, don’t you think?

What annoys me most is that the subscription that I have been paying for years is somehow deemed to be less, I don’t know, official? worthy? what? Than money going to iTunes? What’s the difference? Anyone?

While we’re on the topic. Can anyone at Algoridim explain why DJAY2 will not use the “Available Offline” downloaded tracks in Spotify rather than having to be online and streaming them?

I was in Spain recently and chewed through a load of data thinking the tracks were being played from my phone as I had them available offline. But no, apparently not?

Thanks
Matt

Aye, the point is that it’s not Spotify’s or Algoriddim’s job to be enforcing the copyright in any way. For example, I can import a song from iTunes on my phone into Beatmaker 2, sample it, make a track etc. It only becomes an issue if I then choose to release that song commercially at which point, I have to contact the publishers, negotiate, reach a deal etc with the publishers whose job it actually is to look after such things. Personally, I believe it is against the artist’s AND publishers best interests to limit usage of their material in any way whatsoever. I’d be interested to understand the scenario they have in mind that recording a set using Algoriddim would then lead to a breach of copyright or whatever other nefarious outcomes they fear. Matt

And, the above^^^ i.e. being able to record anyway is what makes removing the record button so utterly and absolutely pointless. It’s only effect is to annoy people a bit.

It should be discused with spotify team. “Dj account” for extra $ is not bad idea.
Everyone can record ouput to another device, even in digital quality (using iConnect interfaces), so it isn’t imposible, it is just frustrating. Spotify should find the way, to earn more and be fair with labels.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why does the record button desapears when i am accessing spotify songs?.

I am not a DJ and bought this app because i want to build a playlist from song extracts (no longer than a minute each to keep the party going). I have spotify subscription and want to access songs from it. But when i access my spotify songs, the record button disappears… Please help

Hi all!!

I found a partial solution that works. You can use your mobile phone to record your djay+spotify sessions on the tablet.

In my case my phone is Android:
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-a…

Please, comment!

Enjoy!,
Fran

I think you should advertise this better, because I bought the App (djay2 for iPad) mainly for its integration with Spotify and assumed its ability to record sets with any source available, as stated in the official App page: https://www.algoriddim.com/djay-ipad

All-in-one DJ System

Everything you need to be a DJ

djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad

Not to mention they should put an asterisk or something alerting the customers, because if you read the advertising, it is NOT STATED that you can’t record when using Spotify:

https://www.algoriddim.com/djay-ipad

All-in-one DJ System

Everything you need to be a DJ

djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad

Yeah but you probably mean that for the Mac version. What about the iPad’s?

You are missing the point, man. That is not what this is about. At least in my case, it’s about recording awesome DJ sets for me and listen to them wherever I want (car, phone, etc) without having to download or buy hundreds of individual tracks. I’m already paying for them via Spotify Premium.

Consider it as an alternate way of listening to them offline.