Recently while djing at the nightclub, the upcoming cued song I would select would freeze after I would scratch it to prep for a transition, and once I decided to slide to the track and press my cued up button, the track wouldnt play. I am using a Mixon 8, and ipad pro 2022 12.9 latest update.
Hi there, what firmware is your Mixon 8 currently on?
- Did this just happen once or are you able to consistently replicate the freeze?
- Are you using the latest Reloop Mixon 8 Pro firmware? Reloop Mixon 8 Pro - Reloop
- Please confirm your iOS version and djay Pro AI version?
- Are you using a high quality USB-C to C cable to connect your iPad Pro direct to the Mixon 8 (i.e. no USB Hub or adapters)?
- Are you running any other apps on the iPad or connected to Bluetooth?
Sorry for the delay but I have another set Friday and I need a resolution!
- It has happened a couple times throughout my set.
- Yes, I am using Djay app version 4.1.10
3 iPad pro 12.9 (5th generation) iOS 17.1.1
- I am using the USB C that comes with the iPad pro and I have vibrational pads under my controller when I do my sets. Yes I am direct to the usb port in the back of the mixon 8, no adaptors.
- No apps no internet.
- It is only occurring on one channel when I Dj as well.
I have a video of the issue in the moment, but I cannot post it because we only can add images.
Sorry for the delay,
Version 4.1.10 on the app
Reloop mixon 8 v5309 and fyi i updated it again just to make sure. Still had the freeze channel issue.
@tbenny thanks for the additional information.
- To share your video please put it on your Dropbox or Google Drive and share a link to it here.
- Do you have your iPad in Do Not Disturb mode?
- Have you tried a Forced Restart on your iPad? Force restart iPad - Apple Support (CA).
I am going to try these actions tonight during my set and I will report back with the results.
@tbenny also I recommend you disable the Auto-Lock on your iPad when performing live.
I have a bunch of other iOS specific recommendations based on my years of performing live with djay Pro AI as well: iOS Specific Advice / Tips
Following this thread, fingers crossed
The set went by amazingly!! No interruptions no skips no freezes. Everything was perfect. I appreciate the DND and deletion of apps and more advice
Thanks again for everything. Great customer service and advice in a time I was in panic mode. Means tons, I didn’t want to switch from an iPad to Laptop as a DJ. Thanks again
You’re welcome @tbenny. Glad everything worked out. Happy to help.
Great to hear,
How long was your set for?
Did you also do a hard reset on your iPad prior to starting your set?