Reloop Mixon 8 - Ultimate STEMS Mapping

Blimey your good. I’ll check this out this morning.

How do I get access to the mic? I think on your mapping we can safely say we have suffient stems control :sunglasses::+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Awesome mapping man. So good. Or if you can show me to shift mic or shift acapella or instrumental.

I’ve done my own edit using your mapping but not adding it all. One thing I would love to add is split stem, that will be cool to add to my work flow. I’ve added instant fx on stems which is very cool for deck A and B.

@Dysfunk_DJ the mic buttons are essentially hardware controls so there is no MIDI command within djay in the default mapping. Also these buttons do not support the SHIFT+ layer. Probably your best option is to delete the Instrumental and Acappella MIDI functions from my mapping if you’re using a mic.

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me, I’ve managed to build my own edit from the original mapping using your ideas. Plus it’s got me now getting my head around it. Can you show me how to stems split please

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ i describe how to do map STEMS Split in this discussion (STEMs Split & Dual Deck Modes). Also you should be able to figure it out by looking at my mapping file.

1 Like

Wowsers. Don’t know where to even start with that. Duplicate? What’s that mean. Do I duplicate the mapping so there is 3 of them?

@Dysfunk_DJ see below…

Super interesting mapping behaviour and what a genius you are for figuring this out. Did you do for both decks A to B and B to A?

1 Like

Yeah man, I got it working both sides A and B and B and A. Not perfect but very usable. Great work man. I have now a mapping perfect for me. Thanks for your awesome help. Algorithm give this guy a job. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ hahaaa thanks! glad that helped. Now you have the MIDI Mapping skills to do all kinds of things :smirk:

Yeah man.
Djay pro AI is incredible actually. What you can do with it. I now have a combo of Rane 4, and pioneer flx 10 with my Mixon 8 pro plus with the midi mapping I have the best of serato, recordbkx and Vdj all in one with djay pro AI. If they can sort the quality of stems now in next big update they will truly have something very special.

2 Likes

Wow, you’re an even bigger gear junkie than I am! :rofl: I currently have a Denon Prime 4, Reloop Mixon 8 Pro, Reloop Ready, Vestax VCI-400SE, Midi Fighter Spectra, Midi Fighter Twister and Midi Fighter 64.

I’m also hoping for a sound quality improvement for STEMS in the next major release.

1 Like

Ha ha . Well over the years I’ve had quite a lot prime 4, Traktor gear, pioneer cdjs and dim, but now I have a Mixon 8 that appears to take on several giants. Happy mixing. I mapped the filter to neural mix also which is pretty decent. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

VERSION 4.4 UPDATE: Added Pitch Cue & Bounce Loops Pad Modes

1. I recently discovered that the Mixon 8 Pro has 2 additional “Secret” Pad Modes by pressing the SHIFT+ HOT CUE and SHIFT+ LOOP ROLL Pad Modes.
  2. I added PITCH CUE to the SHIFT+ HOT CUE Pad Mode.
  3. I added BOUNCE LOOPS to the SHIFT+LOOP ROOL Pad Mode.
  4. The Pad Mode buttons light up in Purple to indicate you are in the Secret Mode.

Reloop Mixon 8 Pro SJ4.4(PitchCue).djayMidiMapping (354.7 KB)

1 Like

Hey man how did you get looper into the pads? I’d like to add them to secret banks 1 and 2.

@Dysfunk_DJ

1. To find the Looper MIDI commands select the Target and scroll down to Looper.
  2. Starting with the top left Performance Pad, set it to Track 1: Trigger Sample 1.
  3. Note that I used the left deck performance pads for the first 2 rows of the left side of the Looper and the right deck performance pads for the first 2 rows of the right side of the Looper.
  4. You will also need to manually set the LED colours for the pads to match the Looper colours.
  5. If you load my mapping, you can save yourself some time and check the Min and Max values that I used.

1 Like

Thank you. I know what you mean about led colours. I’ll take a look at yours :+1: