REMOTE APP FOR THE NEW DJAY PRO ?

IT’s Over a Year ago, I put up the same thing? Yes It Would be Nice.
What’s holding it up 2016 or Is it RIP

This is one of the main reasons I went with this app in the 1st place.

Plus 1 to update the remote app

To follow up on this, after using DJ Pro AND the app for while now, I’ve been just fine without a remote… A couple things to note:

1. In the Djay Iphone/ipad app you can set the output audio to a wireless device (ie bluetooth) and use it wirelessly.

2. The iphone/ipad version is fully functioning - you can DJ a whole party on it, so while a remote is nice, again, you can get wireless audio to your source

3. It was a nice feature, but I think all the other upgrades by far trump having a remote.

4. There are work arounds if you REALLY need it. Touch OSC can let you use midi wireless via an ipad. There is a good article on it (albeit old) on DJ Tech Tools explaining. http://djtechtools.com/2012/12/19/bui…

So yea, it was a nice feature, and would be good to have, but not a “must have.”

We need the remote put back in for Djay Pro Please

To me it was one feature that I can not enjoy, put the remote control again, please

please add dj remote for djpro - thanks

yes please add remote app.

No remote version, no pro Version

The one tool I’d really love to have in a remote app is really the crossfader. With every other control, i’m ok with using the mouse or the keyboard shortcuts, but the crossfader simply doesnt translate well to the keyboard. And reaching it with the mouse is always slow. If I had a remote app with one big crossfader on my iphone or ipad, i’d have it next to my keyboard and i’d be set. That’s my dream accessory for this Djay pro app.

This is what i’m talking about…

There IS a play/pause button in Serato Remote so wrong there.https://serato.com/remote/features#ipad

"Play Button

Free yourself from your laptop and engage with the crowd, Serato Remote 1.2 now has play and pause controls available for the first time."

Literally the FIRST sentence in the features panel LMAO

It also has library navigation. What it does not have is the ability to view said library on the mobile device’s screen while navigating.

In the end for a Pro DJ a laptop SHOULD be incorporated in some way anyways. I offer a challenge to anyone here to find a song within a sizable library (50,000+ songs) as fast as I can with a laptop using ANY means of input device, controller, etc. I guarantee the keyboard on the laptop wins EVERY time…

It’s almost as if there is some secret project made for iPad’s & iPhone’s that Algoriddim is working on that is getting in the way…

… why would you want your clients laughing at you? Furthermore you will find your older devices not worth the effort more and more as time goes by. This is natural progression. Your older controllers and laptops not being able to keep up is a good sign as this means the software is progressing and becoming more advanced. On the contrary imagine if you were purchasing newer hardware but were limited to software designed around old hardware… If you are looking to simply use iphones or ipads have you considered a full move to Djay for iOS?

My assumption would be the developers are able to see how many actually use/d it and decided the juice was not worth the squeeze?

Was going to update to Pro…but not if it doesn’t work with remote.

djay Pro, and djay for iPhone/iPad are awesome apps with great features and an awesome ease of use. However, I foolishly bought all three anticipating that I could run one as my main and control it with another. I have:

• 2011 Apple MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 w/ 16GB RAM - djay Pro 1.1.3
• iPad Air 128GB Cellular T-Mobile - djay 2
• iPhone 6 Plus 128GB T-Mobile - djay 2
• Apple Watch SS Milanese Loop - djay 2

With this setup, kind of like Apple’s Keynote app, I was hoping to be able to use my mobile devices as either a standalone solution or as a remote to control djay Pro on my Mac or djay 2 on my iPad. I’m getting married on August 8th and had high hopes that I could self DJ as the groom via my Apple Watch (because we’re keeping it on the cheap and this seemed doable with Spotify’s vast variety of music, a wedding playlist, and Automix). I was hoping that my Apple Watch could be used as a remote that relays commands through my phone to either my iPad or MacBook Pro. But this isn’t yet a feature and I’m kind of a sad panda because of it.

If I just used the Apple Watch to control my iPhone, who’s to say that I could prevent phone calls and all other alerts and notifications from interrupting the playback in some fashion. It’d be preferable to either plug my iPad or MacBook Pro into the system and let my iPhone relay commands from my Apple Watch to the main output device.

Please work on this feature and this app would have all bases covered as far as I could tell.

What??? I almost pulled the trigger on buying the pro and the ipad/iphone apps but I luckily double checked to make sure the app can work as a remote… you absolutely have to be kidding me that they had it and got rid of it. I’m so disappointed. :frowning:

same here, just wanted to hit the buy button but fortunately checked remote compatibility. Core feature for me…

btw, for everybody want a workaround - actions is a great app where you can create shortcuts on iOS. http://getactionsapp.com