Songs greyed out / Track not available / The track cannot be played (djay iOS)

Thanks @Emily for the kind response!
First I have to mention, that the tracks can be imported - but not “in one go” from a folder with a huge number of files. Repeating the process solves the issue - by adding doubles/triples, which must be deleted by hand - or is there a filter?
Even later, single missing/greyed out ones can be added to the collection by importing them single “by hand / dedicated selection”. Because I have almost everything running now, I would not like to import another big folder just to show a video about. Instead I added a screen recording to the desired target which shows, that a “greyed out” track is present on the internal data base/location of the iPad and can be shown as “active” once it was selected and separately imported from the original source.

Indeed there are no tracks that could not be played directly from/within the data folder - they are all present and have been accessible ever since. They simply do not show the same kind of presence in djay pro AI - at least, until I added them multiple times or separately by hand. As mentioned previously, dragging them from then source and playing them in djay pro AI does not solve the “greyed” issue. I had expected the program to realize the presence at least after having played the song successfully…?

Cheers Riff

Hi @Riff,

Thanks a lot for your patience while our Team has been investigating this issue. In the video you shared of the problem, could you please confirm if you are adding the files directly from an external hard drive or whether you first copied the files onto the internal iOS storage and then imported them into djay?

Thanks in advance!

As to be seen on the video, the files came directly from the internal data storage…?

Ok, it´s been a while since I used the app last time but am now trying to arrange my compilation - and the issue is still present. Any solution in sight?

Still titles are available in internal storage at the iPad, but still not accessable from djay iOS after import…

Thanks!

I just had this problem.
Sometimes downloaded songs will multiply.
Look for greyed songs on all devices.
If you find them in Apple Music/library on an iOS device.
Delete the song there.
Example; go to problem song, then view it by album.
You may find the song twice, delete the grey, or try both, then redownload.
Sorry I don’t have a screenshot.

BEEN having this same exact issue…And its EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!

Good Afternoon,
4 Questions: Is this the only place to get any kind of support or help for DJay Pro? Is there any possibility of having an actual conversation with someone to be more efficiently serviced/supported?

Please help me understand why this happens with your software & what the remedy is? I took a video but apparently your platform here doesn’t allow .mov files AND its saying I can only load 1 media file…So can I not show you this issue?:woozy_face:

1. The file loads & plays perfectly from My Library, but when I drag it to a playlist its greyed out & I get the error message. Why is this happening on your software on certain songs?
1 Like

Hey,
Try to send the whole screen.
Where is that song coming from?

The song is saved on my MacBookPro as an mp3.

This is what’s happening in DJay Pro…

In the main playlist, the track is available & can be played…

1 Like

But when I attempt to add the same exact track to a new playlist, its grayed out & I get this error message:

Hi @armcadoo,
I noticed the song in question is an mp3.
It is local to the Mac? Or External.
I’ve created your issue an couldn’t replicate.
My music is local to my Mac and use iTunes.
I’m guessing you are not using iTunes.
If you don’t, Maybe try to double click that song in Finder, which will import it to iTunes.
Djay will recognize this, maybe try to see if you have luck creating and adding to a new playlist through djay like I did.
Also, I input all missing data in my mp3 file, could this be the issue?
…The second photo is an example of “smart playlist” I use in iTunes that automatically organize your music within iTunes and avoiding you using Djay to create those list.

Hey @armcadoo - First of all, apologies for the delayed response.

To answer your first question:

No, in fact, this is not our only channel for Support! You can find resources in our FAQs or Contact Us for support via the link below :slight_smile:
https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us

Regarding your inquiry, it looks like @LaidbackFred might be onto something in helping resolve your issue (thank you!)

Could you try following the suggestions provided by @LaidbackFred and let us know how it goes?

We look forward to hearing back from you. Of course, feel free to reach out if you have any questions, and have a great day :blush:

Humss…

I’d be surprised if this is an user end issues since i have the same problems while using the android app with sound cloud.

I think the software/app itself is having some issues. I loaded a playlist from sound cloud, i verified and song are played great and steady in SoundCloud but when trying to read them in Djay 80% of them come out grayed and stating it’s not available.

I have SoundCloud GO+ so everything should work accordingly but it doesn’t. So seeing how this seem to happen for a while now with multiple version of the app/software and with multiple musics sources… I’d say theres something in the app/software that is broken. And since this seem to be a problems across platforms I’d check first for anything that is present in every platform.

I have no ideas how your app actually operate on the inside but i assume if you’ve allowed to use purchased itune song that mean you must have some sort of way to verify if a song is under DRM. I’m also assuming this solutions is not within the app but rather somewhere online. When a song is added to djay i assuming it’s scanned for DRM data and seek the authorization to play it. If this authorisation does not come then the song is deemed unavailable.

Now let’s say that one specific song is okay to play because i have SoundCloud GO+ but the system scan it and detect i didn’t bought the song on iTunes and therefore flag the file as not available.

Far reached i know, but to me this must be something very similar to this otherwise the bug wouldn’t be cross platforms and with various song comings from various sources.

I had the same problem of grayed out titles long ago. Support were unable to solve it and Apple was also clueless. I then quit Djay and moved back to Traktor. Today I looked into this forum after a long time, trying to find out whether I could have another go at a switch to Djay … only to find out that those issues are still there.

Hello

Songs becomes randomly greyed out on iOS when big playlists are created (>2000 tracks).

All tracks are localy stored and full accessible with other apps like the iOS Files app.

I am facing this issue since very long time (2 years) and i sent it to Algoriddim multiple times (including videos) through the support email, but this issue was never been resolved.

This issue is only on iOS and not on MacOS.

It makes me impossible to work professionaly with Djay Pro on iOS.

Can pls Algoriddim take this issue seriously and solve it.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @johns, sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. Thanks for sharing and providing additional details. I have forwarded this to the engineering team for further review. If you could provide some screen shots or upload a video to your Dropbox or Google Drive and share a link that would also be helpful. Thanks again!

Hello

Songs becomes randomly greyed out on iOS when big playlists are created (>2000 tracks).

All tracks are localy stored and full accessible with other apps like the iOS Files app.

I am facing this issue since very long time (2 years) and i sent it to Algoriddim multiple times (including videos) through the support email, but this issue was never been resolved.

This issue is only on iOS and not on MacOS.

It makes me impossible to work professionaly with Djay Pro on iOS.

Can pls Algoriddim take this issue seriously and solve it.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @johns, I merged your new topic into this existing one to help keep the conversation organized. Thanks!