Songs momentarily freeze

I don’t set cue points in iTunes. My issue is playing manually loading a song, setting a cue point, then mixing in.

I’ve been having good luck with djay pro 1.2 if I do the following.
I did a four hour wedding Saturday night with no glitches.
What I do is turn wifi off, then reboot and only run djay pro.
Sometimes I have to start up iTunes to change libraries and that’s been no problem.
Then I refresh the library in djay pro and see the switched library from iTunes.
I have a local library on my laptop and I have another library on an external hard drive and some times have to switch between them.
All of this while playing with no glitches.
I’m have OS X 10.9.5 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

At the wedding I was doing this past Saturday I had one glitch after the toasts. I did the usual, reboot, no wifi, but the toasts lasted quite a while maybe 20 minutes or so. When the toasts began I loaded the next two songs so I’d be ready after the toasts. I hit play on deck one the song started then stopped, I hit play on deck two and it started with no problem and continued. I went to headphones to see what was going on with deck one and it was playing OK. I used deck one as the next song and it played through with no problem. So I assume what happen is the external hard drive must have spun down and went into power save mode. Other than that the four hour reception went off with out any other problems. It wasn’t a big deal for me because the volume was low as we were just doing dinner music at that point. If that happened with a packed dance floor and high volume it would have been worse obviously.

I’m using the Denon MC6000MK2
I haven’t used automix but I should try it out especially when I’m running around trying to get the bridal party lined up for introductions my song always ends before I get back but that actually kinda works out in a strange way.

I wouldn’t mind using automix during dinner and/or cocktail hour. Would be very handy to set it to auto while I have to walk out of the room to line up the bridal party for introductions.

I’ve had the freeze this Friday night while doing regular mixing and using the filter.

I don’t think it’s actually interacting with the iTunes app. I believe it’s only reading the iTunes library file to get the playlists and locations of your music files.

I was DJing on a boat last night and on brand new macbook pro (with under half storage full) the right turntable stuck. I was actually unable to use it!

It wouldn’t play and would only start a tune (whichever one it wished) by the cue and quick key. There was no way of stopping the song once playing.

The left TT was working fine.

Seems to be working fine this morning. Typical. Anyone experienced this or can explain why it happened?

Cannot risk that happening again on a gig…

discovered a bug with new version 1.5… when a track is playing and another track is loaded on the opposite side, playback, very unacceptably, pauses for a second or even longer… i tried un-installing and re-installing the app, still no fix… even tried what someone else posted in the [old]forum, which they said worked for them, which is delete all songs off the iPad then re-sync them, this did not work for me unfortunately… I did, however, I remove version 1.5 and installed version 1.4.2 and this problem went away!!, so I have been able to narrow the bug down to version 1.5 release of the app…

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Playing track pauses when new track is loaded.

you merged my problem into this thread but my problem does not sound anything like the originating problem for this thread…what the heck?!

well my problem can be and IS produced every single time on djay for iOS:: play a track then try to load a track on the opposite channel and the current channel playing pauses for a second or longer… no guessing or submitting needed… try it for yourself and you’ll see… anyhow, i’m not here to be bitter, i just want to let the developer know and hope that others come forward with the same issue so this bug can be fixed… thanks for any and all help!

Solving the momentary freezes:
1st ask yourself is the bottom casing on your laptop very Hot?
If the answer is YES , , , then your Hard-Drive has been running excessively too long and needs to cool off for about 4-6 hrs. Shut it down Now ! ! !

Then Restart your laptop after 4-6 hrs of rest (Cool-down) and you will not have the momentary freezes anymore until it gets hot again.

Note:
Don’t leave your laptop on night and day because it will get Hot and create problems with it’s functionality.
(Djay Pro and Mac El Capitan)

Hopefully this will work out for everyone,It worked for me.

One more thing this also works if your MagSafe charger is not charging your laptop , , , Let it cool down for 4-6 hrs. and it will begin charging again.

The cover is still there follow these steps below to view the cover:

1. Click on View at the Top of App to the Left of Deck 1

2. Click on Vinyl Mode. Cover should re-appear.

* * * PROBLEM SOLVED * * *
I’ve been playing with different connections to try to resolve the Song Freezing Issues and I finally solved the problem. Your Mac is running many programs in the background and using a lot of power to run those programs. When the DJay Pro Freezes up it is looking for power to keep the controller running smoothly and without that power being supplied CONSTANTLY it will freeze up. To resolve this problem I went to Amazon and purchased a Powered USB Hub with Included Power Adapter and I have not had any SONG Freezing issues since.
Here is the Amazon link of the device I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Indivi…

This should resolve your Song Freeze UP Issues.
DJ GERALD Louisville, KY

HERE IS ANOTHER DEVICE THAT WILL ALSO WORK:
DATA CABLE INCLUDED:

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-SuperSpeed…

* * * FOLLOW-UP NOTE * * *
Make sure that the powered USB Port that you purchase has the capabilities of transferring Data and don’t confuse it with a USB Port that only charges devices and not transfers the Data from the Laptop to the controller. Here is a small compact Powered Data Transfer device that should stop Songs from Freezing up.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RDLNA7O/…
~ DJ GERALD (Old-School DJ) ~

See also this one because it is Super Compact & perfect for DJ’s.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D0C0DC4/…

Hi,

I’ll look into this. If you can provide any hints/steps on how to reproduce this issue,
that would be really helpful.

Regards,
Warren

Hi,

Does the audio cut out too or just the animation?

Regards,
Warren

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the input. Our developers might have found the cause. To make sure, we need test songs, so please send one or two test songs to support@algoriddim.com. Make sure to use “Songs momentarily freeze” as the email subject.

Thank you for your patience so far!!!

Hi Gzyonline,

I need help, you are currently the only one who seems to be able to reproduce this problem every time. Please send a video recording to support@algoriddim.com along with the songs.

Thanks!