Songs not loading... Disappearing!!

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: IPHONE PROX MAX
  • Version of operating system: IOS 17.4
  • Version of djay: 5.1.3
  • Hardware/controllers used: PIONEER S7 MIXER

Summary of the issue:
SONGS ARE REFUSING TO LOAD AND SOMETIMES DISAPPEAR… THEY DONT SEEM TO BE IN THE FOLDERS

How to reproduce the issue:
ITS VERY RANDOM… JUST HAPPENS WITHOUT ANY SIGNS…

Songs…from where? :man_shrugging:

If you’re streaming them, which service are you using?

From my harddisk :grin:… Streaming is fine!

Hi @PRO24DJS

1. By “my harddisk”, do you mean the internal iPhone storage drive or an externally connected USB drive?
  2. How are you getting this music onto your iPhone in the first place? For example, using iTunes/Music on your laptop and connecting your phone to sync the local library.
  1. Iphone Internal disk
  2. I dont use itunes… I copy from my hd to my phone internal disk… Its nothing out of the ordinary… I have been with the software for over a year now…

My music used to load fine… Now the music doesnt load… Sometimes takes long to load… Sometimes it shows that it doesnt even exists in the the folder… Not even a playlist a folder that actually has the songs shows they dont exists… If i restart the program it works… But the issue might arise again in another folder… This week i tried to save my club session and it showed everything i played the night before doesnt exists hense the dark song names!

Hi @PRO24DJS, thanks for the additional information.

1. How much storage space is remaining on your iPhone?
  2. Please confirm that you are using the iOS Files app to add this music to your iPhone.
  3. If so, please confirm that these songs/folders are saved in the On My iPhone Location and not the iCloud Drive or other cloud service Location.
  4. Have you moved any of these songs from their original location within On My iPhone?
  5. Have you renamed any of the folders within On My iPhone or renamed any of the songs?
  6. What files formats are you using for these missing songs?
1 Like

[quote=“Slak_Jaw, post:7, topic:25513, full:true”]
Hi @PRO24DJS, thanks for the additional information.

1. How much storage space is remaining on your iPhone?

:o: i have 70GB REMAINING

1. Please confirm that you are using the iOS Files app to add this music to your iPhone.

:o: YES IM USING IOS FILES APP

1. If so, please confirm that these songs/folders are saved in the On My iPhone Location and not the iCloud Drive or other cloud service Location.

:o: FILES ARE SAVED “on my iphone”…ALWAYS BEEN THERE

1. Have you moved any of these songs from their original location within On My iPhone?

:o: NO… SOME OF THE SONGS ARE AS NEW AS YESTERDAY AND THEY APPEAR DELETED

1. Have you renamed any of the folders within On My iPhone or renamed any of the songs?

:o: NO… THE SONGS AND FOLDERS ARE THE SAME I HAVE A HUGE COLLECTION SINCE MOVING FROM SERATO I KEEP THE ARRAGEMENT THE SAME.

1. What files formats are you using for these missing songs

:o: mp3… Mp4… And m4a… But mostly mp3.

THIS IS A NEW ISSUE… FOR YEAR IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED…:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information @PRO24DJS. Please, there is no need for the all caps “YELLING”. I’m here to help and yelling isn’t going to make this any easier for anyone.

Based on this additional information, because I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue I can’t think of anything to suggest at the moment. I’ll need to forward this onto the engineering team to see if they can reproduce it and provide any suggestions. If you could also submit an official support request through the djay app under Settings>Contact Support that will help us to gather more information about your specific setup. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi again @PRO24DJS, actually there’s something we can try while we wait for engineering.

1. In the djay Settings>My djay Account select Sign Out.
  2. Please close djay and all other applications on your iPhone.
  3. In your iPhone Settings at the top select your name and sign out of your Apple ID at the bottom.
  4. Now perform a Forced Restart of your iPhone: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support (CA)
  5. After the reboot, log back into your Apple ID, open djay, log back into your djay account and test to see if all of your songs are now visible.

There’s one more thing I’d like to check. For the songs that are not playable within djay, are you able to play them directly from within the Files App?

Hi @PRO24DJS, I’ve spoken with the engineering team and they want to know if you have a Mac computer. If so, then there is some additional information they’d like to gather to aid in the troubleshooting. Thanks!

1. Open Console.app on your mac.
  2. Connect your iOS device to your mac.
  3. In the left side bar of Console.app your iOS device should appear and click “Start Streaming” button.
  4. Perform the action in djay that triggers the issue.
  5. Copy and paste all of the output show in Console.app and send to support

Hi, it’s been over 21 days since I replied to this post so I’ll considered it closed for now. Please feel free to reply to my post above to if you’d like to reopen this topic. Thanks!