Sound does not stop even if hand off the hot cue

Although it has been reported before in the link below, the hot cue bug has not been fixed yet.

In my case, I sometimes use a hot cue as a sampler and hit it repeatedly, but if I hit it repeatedly for a while, there is a high probability that it won’t stop playing even if I release my hand.

Reloading the same music will fix the problem.

I’m Japanese, so I’m sorry if my English is not good. Is it understandable?

Djay Pro AI Ver.4.1.10
iPad Air3
iPadOS 16.6.1

I can confirm that this bug still exists. Exactly like @magokorokun has described.

1. Sometimes when repeatedly pressing a Hot Cue the behaviour suddenly changes.
  2. The best way to describe it is like the CUE POINTS Settings change to Auto-Play when Triggering Cue Point.
  3. However, when checking the Settings>General>CUE POINTS & LOOPS this setting is still OFF.
  4. Even turning it ON then OFF again does not revert the CUE POINT behaviour. The only way to fix this is to load a new track into the deck.

This bug existed on previous iOS and djay versions as well.
Current Setup:

1. iOS 16.5.1 (c)
  2. djay Pro AI 4.1.9
  3. iPad Air 4
  4. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro, Reloop Ready
2 Likes

It’s exactly as @Slak_Jaw pointed out.

Moreover, it only occurs on one deck.

I’m having trouble with the percussive play using hot cues as shown in the demonstration video, which I can’t do on my iPad.

It would be helpful if you could correct it.

• Device model: iPad Pro 11 “
  • Version of operating system: latest
  • Version of djay: latest
  • Hardware/controllers used: denon mc7000

After Dj, for perhaps two hours on some random tracks I have an intermittent problem. I have my hot cues set to only momentary as in when I take my finger off the track stops playing however, randomly on some tracks the hot cues become autoplay. Then, when I reload the track, it goes back to being just momentary. I hope that makes sense.

I have no idea how to reproduce this.

This occasionally happens with me with my Rane One.
I can replicate it by Pressing/Holding a Cue pad and pressing Shift…
Also make sure that in Settings/Advanced Cue Points & Loops that Auto Play When Triggering Cue Point is turned off

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it is turned off. That’s why it’s an intermittent problem.

Have you tried pressing/holding Hot Cue and Shift and release to see if that causes the issue?

The next time it happens, I will do that. I’ll report back.

Hi @Nubium,

I’ve merged your topic with an existing one. I’ve also experienced this with a Reloop Ready and Denon Prime 4. I’ll follow up with the engineering team on Monday.

1 Like

ok great. thanks and

Hello everyone. This bug should now be fixed with djay 5.1.3. Please test and confirm. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.