Soundcloud tracks and playlists not loading

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.
2021 Ipad Pro
IOS 17.7
Reloop Mixon 4

Was prepping a set no controller today when all of a sudden Soundcloud tracks would not load and playlists went blank. Tracks from soundcloud keep getting not found 404 errors and no playlists have any tracks anymore on Djay.

Updataed my ipad and software in a frenzy to solve the problem, and also re-downloaded Djay on my Macbook and having the same issues…please help :frowning: gig tomorrow

How to reproduce the issue:

open Djay, try to load Soundcloud tracks or lists…?

2 Likes

A 404 error is the client telling you the telling you the file or page isn’t found on the server.

Weird, but sounds more like a Soundcloud issue. Only a web server gives back a 404 error. It’s not Djay I would suggest.

Sorry that’s not much comfort!

1 Like

I tried accessing songs from my SoundCloud library today and received the following error: “Request failed: forbidden (403)”. I have an active SounCloud Go+ account. Never had this happen before today.

I have a 9thGen iPad running on iOS 17.6.1.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing this unexpected behavior with us.

Our engineering team is currently reviewing this with SoundCloud as we speak.

As soon as we have an update available we will share it in this thread.

Thank you all for your patience.

3 Likes

Good evening, I just had the same problem…

Following several connection attempts I managed to access my playlists…

:scream::no_good_man: Except that more than 80% of my playlists are “grey” Unplayable…

I specify that this Saturday, October 5, I could still play all these tracks.

Please :pray:t3: what’s the problem??

Help us… I have to play this weekend for an event!? :scream::face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

2024-10-10T13:00:00Z
Having the same issue with SOUNDCLOUD+….

3 Likes

Same problem, wanted to have a session tonight. Nevermind. Also, i had issues with my reloop beatpad 2 and i think its already been a month since I’ve submitted a ticket with reloop but have not gotten back to me. I think im going to old school way of mixing. No updates, streaming issues, firmware issues. Etc. This new tech is frustrating.

2 Likes

A 403 client error is Soundcloud denying the connection to the folder/files that you are trying to access.

Just my opinion, as an IT person…

Possibly Soundcloud’s Go+ API connection from the Djay app is broken due to change on their side or similar which is now causing unauthorised/unauthenticated connection attempts, resulting in the 403 errors, or the back-end Soundcloud permissions to those files have changed - which would typically produce a “Forbidden” 403 error on what is ultimately a web server, serving files.

Either way, it sound like the issue is with Soundcloud. They’ve changed something or something is broken at their back-end.

If you need to build playlists for a gig anytime soon, I would look for an alternative method for the short term.

Algoriddim support are in touch with Soundcloud which is great, but depending on what has been changed/broken this likely isn’t an immediate fix.

3 Likes

I had the same yesterday, error 403 , not fun when you’re on a gig! Updated my ipad tody but nothing! Soundcloud better hurry on this one!

Nowadays, everything has too much to do with increasingly complex IT technical conditions, which will ultimately lead to things no longer working or no longer working properly. I therefore recommend using classic local data.

Greetz Chris

1 Like

Same issue here Go+ subscriber - exactly the same circumstances - Looking for a fix ASAP please.

1 Like

As a musician and tech person I can confirm this behaviour – and I suspect it might have to do with this change: Migration to Oauth 2.1 | SoundCloud Backstage Blog

Maybe Algoriddim didn’t implement this yet, or didn’t implement it correctly? Either way, this needs a fast fix as it breaks SC support completely, and if my assumption above is correct it will stop to work for all SC users in the next few days when existing sessions are timing out.

3 Likes

So this is widespread then not just me I am guessing lots more than just on this thread.

3 Likes

If (and only if) my assumption is correct, then yes – however knowing the sometimes strange ways of tech and coding, this might easily be specific to some combination of circumstances as well (specific OS version, djay version, platform, or any combination of those or more), thus limiting it to just some users.

Also, given the nature of the OAuth protocol, it might happen for affected users at different points in time, depending on their previous usage – this is what I was trying to say in my last post with the sessions timing out. I don’t know about SC API token lifetimes, but I guess we’d see many more affected users over the next few days at the latest if it is a global problem.

Great catch, bravo!

I think you’re onto something there…

1 Like

OK it seems to be working now - what I did - Opened google on the ipad - opened Soundcloud and logged in through google - Then opened djpro - it asked to link my link soundcloud and hey presto I can now see my tracks on SC - woop! woop!

Now that made me check @Justin_Lowe1 - working again for me as well without touching anything, just starting up djay pro. Wonder if it was something completely else then (or if Soundcloud quickly enabled legacy OAuth support for some more days for djay pro :smile: )

1 Like

Only issue I have is that SC did a restore last night and the point in time was after I added some tracks so will need to add them again - but having said that - Big Love to you lot of DJs - Respect!

For me don’t work , the many tracks is in « Grey »?!
Help me…!?

I’d say that’s a different problem to be honest, not sure if this fits in this thread. Also I don’t have much experience with the iOS version, so I doubt I’d be able to help. If you want you can dm me the URL of the playlist, and I’ll try in djay pro macOS and see if the behaviour is the same there.