Soundcloud tracks and playlists not loading

I think that the soundcloud servers are probably down but hopefully soon it will be back up and everything will he restored back to normal as usual, but IDK what happened? :thinking:

1 Like

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (iPad Pro 5th Gen 12.9):
  • Version of operating system (newest):
  • Version of djay (newest):
  • Hardware/controllers used (on iPadPro):

Summary of the issue:
i canā€™t use soundcloud for my djayPro app, no playlists are shown.
Bug shown: Request failed: forbidden (403)

How to reproduce the issue:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

SoundCloud has let us know that some of their services are, in fact, down; thus preventing djay users from playing their SC libraries properly in the app.

You can see more info at the link provided by them down below.

Please keep an eye on their status page for more information.

Additionally, I will be marking my post as a solution not that the issue has been resolved but instead so that it has better visibility in this growing topic. Thanks!

1 Like

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): google OS Version 129.0.6668.74 (Official Build) beta
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2.4
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): n/a

Summary of the issue:
songs that require soundcloud go+ are greyed out in playlists and unsearchable. when i click on them it gives the error message ā€œthe track cannot be played because it is unavailable.ā€ I have soundcloud next pro and the songs play just fine on soundcloud, Iā€™ve even played them before on djay which is why i noticed the issue because in my history where Iā€™ve played them before they show up as greyed out and unplayable.

Iā€™m not sure why they are unplayable because I can log into my soundcloud account just fine and I have the required membership, Iā€™ve even played these songs before using djay hence them being in my history and now I canā€™t.

I also noticed that sometimes the bpm will change without warning and without me controlling it so thatā€™s another issue

Restarting my chromebook doesnt help
restarting djay doesnt help
logging out and back into my djay and soundcloud accounts doesnā€™t help
Iā€™ve checked my subscriptions and they are both paid for and up to date

please help

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s because the author of the track doesnā€™t want it to be playable in 3rd party app.
I.e not allowing ā€œoffliline listeningā€ and ā€œenable app playbackā€

This is on soundcloud, but I quess same kind of settings are on the soundcloud+ side.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not just random songs; itā€™s all the songs that you need soundcloud go+ to play (even though I have it) so that makes me think itā€™s not a licensing issue with individual artists and Iā€™ve played these songs using djay before so it must be a recent fault with the new update.

2 Likes

Hello, I have had exactly the same problem as you for 48 hoursā€¦

80% of my playlists are ā€œgreyā€ Unable to playā€¦

There are still 48 hours I will be able to play all these tracks?!

Can someone explain to me where it comes from??

SoundCloud??

Djay Pro Algoriddim??

Please :pray:t3: Help us!?

Only in these times i feel how much i love using djayPro
It is something i love to do, especially the tool to use NeuralMix and Remix songs myself.
Pleaaase bring it back to normal :pleading_face:

Just to clarify this issue is only relevant to mobiles and tablets. MacBook etc is working fine.

[quote=ā€œMackRab, post:32, topic:31211ā€]
Just to clarify this issue is only relevant to mobiles and tablets. MacBook etc is working fine
[/
You donā€™t have any gray tracks??

Because I tried on Windows with a PC, and itā€™s the same thing in my playlists, many invalid tracks?? :thinking:

Hello, can you explain me in detail how you did it, so that it works again?

1 Like

Itā€™s 10/12 and Iā€™m still having issues with loading SoundCloud music on DJ Pro. I logged out and then logged back in, and I got all of playlists showing, but nearly half of the music on all of my playlists are still greyed out. Iā€™m a Go+ subscriber so itā€™s not the issue. I read that this is happening only on mobile devices and iPad/ tablets, but not on Mac Pro. I unfortunately use mobile and iPad. Has anyone found a solution to this for mobile/iPad/ tablet?

1 Like

Iā€™m still having issues loading my songs in DJPro. Are there any new developments or solutions?

1 Like

Itā€™s been 3 days now. Been using the dj app with SoundCloud for years. Never had a problem, until now. It started working again Friday briefly but then stopped shortly after. Donā€™t know why itā€™s taking so long, SoundCloud inc must be on vacation or something.

1 Like

Any time frame when this will be working?? No updates at all. Been checking literally by the hour. So frustrating since I pay for both subscriptions. Trying to plan a set out and now delayed. Please fix this as soon as possible

2 Likes

The issue appears to be at SoundCloud end. Have you contacted them?

1 Like

Mine are greyed out as well.

Hi everyone,

We thank you all for your continued patience regarding this matter.

There have been no substantial updates from SoundCloud regarding when this issue will be fixed, but we are aware that their teams are working diligently to get the service back up and running as intended.

@Slak_Jaw or I will continue to update this thread as new information comes in. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

With most services being ā€œoperationalā€ now instead of ā€œDegradedā€, would this mean the issue will be resolved today?