Spotify integration on Djay for Mac?

I am very disappointed with the mac version of this. I bought this because I have Djay 2 for my iphone and i enjoy using it so i paid $20 for this on the computer just to find out that i cant use my spotify with it (and I only use spotify for my music so i have no music in my itunes library) and that he $20 version has less features? Im not going to buy all of my music on itunes that i have on spotify. this is absolutely ridiculous. They better add spotify integration onto mac soon because I am very mad i spent $20 on this stupid app that my free iphone version is better.

Where do you get this information about djay pro?

Oh, I should visit the front page more often :slight_smile: well, i’m excited. Hoping that this will have Spotify integration on mac.

YES!!

Thank you Algoriddim. Bought it instantly.
Now I can sell my iPad that has been serving only one purpose running djay2 with Spotify :slight_smile:

Chris Gibson says exactly what I feel. “see it when i believe it Warren…
You can’t even give us a rough date when the Mac will be updated. What a joke.”

Quoting the web site :
“Transform your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device into a full-featured DJ system using all your songs from iTunes and your music library, or access Spotify and mix millions of songs instantly.”
Reading that, I definitely understand the Mac version supports Spotify… If it doesn’t, then, we are really close to false advertisement…

YAY!! Purchased… Can’t wait to try it out later!!

I’m so disappointed. The one and only reason I just dropped $49 in downloading DJay pro was being able to integrate my premium spotify service with it. And I can’t seem to get my Macbook Air and spotify to make the final connection. It goes through everything…then shows my info and the only option i have is a cancel button. and I can’t get that pop up page to go away any other way but to cancel the process. there is no “DONE” button.

looks like i finally got in. a “done” button appeared.

Spotify seems to be working fine for me, but all recording is disabled when you’re using Spotify as your catalog. That makes this app pretty useless to me, as I don’t need another app for just playing around w/ live mixes. I’ve requested a refund. I understand Algoriddim likely couldn’t get around the licensing challenges to allow recording from Spotify, but I wish they’d made this clearer in the app description, and I wouldn’t have wasted my time buying the app. Hopefully they’ll make that clearer in the description.

I think you need to scroll down to see the ok button

Just purchased the PRO to run with my RELOOP controller. Insanely laggy and won’t load more than one track. I’m running on a MBP. Any suggestions?

Due to OSX ‘sandboxing’, which adds security to the operating system by limiting the environment an app has access to, DJay Pro just can’t dive into your installed Spotify app’s offline playlists.
HOWEVER, I just did a look into the Spotify API, libspotify, which does indeed support the possibility of implementing and tracking offline tracks (see https://developer.spotify.com/docs/li…). There’s also pyspotify, python spotify api, which as of version 2.0.0a1, supports offline playlists (see https://github.com/mopidy/pyspotify/i… , and https://pyspotify.mopidy.com/en/lates…).
It appears this is just a question of Algoriddim paying people to implement it, the desire to do so, and their overall project plan timeline.

So, I guess that leaves the Spotify Web API, since that does not appear to support offline playlists, and judging from the documentation, is not as granular of an API as libspotify … if not, what then, out of curiosity? Thanks!

anytime soon?

i want refund. they sold something that didint work.

assholes. i want my refund

need code

i use IDjay with spotify integration for Mac you just have to purchase the App separately that comes out to $50.00 or so…

i have spotify premium account . i jus downloaded dj pro 2 for my Mac Air, and it dont log in at all… i restarted my laptop several times , i even logged into spotify thru my iphone and access spotify using dj pro on my iphone and works perfectly but when i try the same thing thru my Mac laptop it dont respond when i hit log in / enter… i even tried signing up as a new spotify user and same thing … need helppppp… i paid alot of moeny for this program and the main reason for it was to use the spotify music
thank you