Spotify Still Working?

I managed to have Spotify working up till 2.2.7 (macOS). I also found out what triggers the blackout of Spotify. iCloud syncing. When you have a OSX backup (TimeMachine) you are able to restore both 2.2.6 / 2.27 and Spotify functionality. I tried a week ago. BUT. FIRST turn on iCloud syncing, as -as far as I can tell now- that triggers the TIDAL. By the way, for a Dutch DJ, TIDAL sucks sucks sucks. What a shit.

In my humble opinion: TIDAL sucks since you can not search for playlists, as you can in Spotify.
I wonder if we ever get to know whether it was Spotify to pull the plug or Algoriddim. (did they pay for connectivity or some sort of license?) I will go back to 2.2.7 on Mac with Spotify enabled.

Business is business, as we can’t even know what kind of agreements Spotify has between record companies. My guess is that record companies forced Spotify to end supporting all dj apps.

Admin edit: Content removed due to breach of community guidelines.

Yes you are right, Spotify was the best thing that ever happened to the DJAY platform so far.

Hello all… I’ve used djay for some years now on my macbook and ipad. It was so useful to use with Spotify to provide backing music for my live sets.

Hearing Spotify would be removed last year worried me… But… Its still working?

I’m sat here now using my ipad with djay 2 version 2.8.25 and I’ve full across to Spotify

I’ve also got my laptop using djay Pro version 1.2.1 and again I’ve full access to Spotify??

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Yes, it’s still working :slight_smile:

You are using old software versions. That is why.

Does this mean as long as I don’t update it… I will be able to continue to use?
Thanks

No, that’s not correct. It may at any point stop working. The reason for this is that if Spotify makes changes on their end about how streaming works, your djay App will not be updated with these changes.

Yep! It may stop working at some point however. Right now this is the working status.
I am using DJ Pro AI latest version, Spotify is not available on it.

June 2021…and its still working on my laptop and Ipad, anyone else like me?

Which version are you using?

I’m sat here now using my ipad with djay 2 version 2.8.25 and I’ve full across to Spotify

I’ve also got my laptop using djay Pro version 1.2.1 and again I’ve full access to Spotify??

So that is the reason. Nice, but you miss the new features.

I only use it to play a playlist and mix it together automatically… Winner winner chicken…

I havent updated and spotify was still working until today. Any chance it will start working again? or has this blessing finally come to an end?

Same here, was working just fine last night. Then today it won’t load songs from Spotify. I get an error message suggesting I check my internet connection. Hope it gets works out soon!

Hi All,

As many of you probably know, due to Spotify’s decision to no longer be playable through any 3rd party DJ app, this service can no longer be accessed through djay. This was announced last year in an official post on the Forums as of July 1, 2020. You can see the original post here: Future of streaming in djay.

Just to let you know, djay currently offers several streaming service options that provide millions of songs and/or videos for you to play and mix in djay, including TIDAL, SoundCloud, Beatport and Beatsource LINK. We are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible for djay users, so if you have any questions or need further assistance, just let us know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.