Stability Issues with 2018 iPad Pro 3rd Gen

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: iPad Pro 3rd gen 80%
  • Version of operating system: 17.3.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: rebook buddy

Summary of the issue:
Some of this I think is me. However, lately it doesn’t take much for DJAY PRO to lose stability. I have something going wrong for me every single day. I think @Slak_Jaw is an absolute marvel, but my patience with this system is coming to a head. I couldn’t dj live if I wanted to at the moment, because I can’t get sync and quantize to rely on a 30 min set. Such a shame, cos the customer service is 2nd to none, but I feel they are propping up something that can’t be fixed… for me anyway.

How to reproduce the issue:

Hi @djqueenvic,

1. I’m not sure what to recommend to you that I haven’t already done.
  2. I would carefully read through my iOS Specific Tips again and confirm that you are following all of these: iOS Specific Advice / Tips
  3. You could also to a full system backup to iTunes/Music or iCloud plus backup your djaymedialibrary database file, then do a full factory reset of your iPad.
    a. This is a pretty big job, so I recommend you refer to the Apple support page or watch some YouTube videos before you start this process (iPad backup, factory reset, and recovery).
  4. If that doesn’t help, then maybe it’s time to take your iPad into a Mac store and have them run some diagnostics? If they aren’t able to find and fix any performance issues, then if it were me in your shoes, I’d be seriously considering upgrading to a newer iPad if this is a key component for your live DJ gigs.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

I really appreciate your input @Slak_Jaw I’m obsessed, so not giving up just yet. Todays a new day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.