Switching between pad modes (CUE and AUTO LOOP) without holding SHIFT button on Rane 72

Is there a way to switch between pad modes (CUE and AUTO LOOP) without holding SHIFT button on the Rane mixer on iOS iPad?

Is there any workaround - maybe mapping cue and auto-loop to any other button on the mixer - if so which parameter I should assign that the button would switch the pad mode to cue/auto-loop?

Or maybe to switch CUA&AUTOLOOP buttons with ROLL/SAMPLER?

I am open to any kind of solution that would avoid holding an additional button to switch in between.

Hi @JK_Soul,

Thanks for sharing your post!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What iPad model are you using?
  2. What version of iOS are you running?
  3. What version of djay are you using?

Additionally, have you checked out our MIDI mapping community thread? It lists multiple MIDI actions in djay that may be of some help in the mean time.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hello @NathanielAlgo ,

thank you for reaching out to me.

1.) iPad Pro - model no.: MTXQ2FD/A
2.) Currently running software version iOS 15.6.1
3.) Djay ver.: 4.0.13

Thank you for providing me with the MIDI list, I wasn’t aware of it - I will have a look into it now.

It would be game-changing, if Rane 72mk2 would be fully supported and we get the PAD MODES buttons work properly with DJAY on iOS.

I am looking forward to your update.

I believe that the biggest issue with the RANE 72mk2 is that the buttons CUE/AUTOLOOP and SLICER are not directly MIDI mappable as Ive open Djay on iPad and I go to midi mapping, those buttons do not engage at all. They do only if you hold the shift button :frowning:

Hi @JK_Soul,

These buttons do seem to be non-MIDI mappable and are internally programmed specifically for switching purposes.

Nevertheless, we’ll pass this along to our dev team for further review and see if something can be done about this.

I will update this thread accordingly should new information come in!

Hi @NathanielAlgo, thank you for your reply.

I was thinking about a workaround that temporally I believe would work for the majority of the Rane72mk2 owners with the iPad.

I’ve wrote the idea down in the picture attached.

If you could make it work that way or similar I would be already happy as a little kid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.