theres no low pass high pass filter that can be assigned fx button

Hello,

I’m an user of the wego3 since a few months and really like the controller!

Related to the filter, it’s indeed a pitty that no pot is on the controller. But I just found out that there’s a lp and hp slider in the djay pro app, so touch with your finger. Which is actually just above the hi, mid and low sliders.

I hope that it’s was helpfull and you don’t have to buy an additional filter pack. But I understand that it was easier if it was in a fx pack.

Cheers,

Tom

Even traktor dj has a lpf, and a hpf in the effects section. I don’t know what to do here. I also use a wego 3. Great software, and controller. Just needs a couple of tweaks. I think you should try to make it work like the vci300 did with itch, plus separate add on fx controller, but just shrink it all down, get rid of the hot cues, and possibly include a mix ratio knob, plus a gain, all on the controller. : ) Then I would be totally happy. Maybe this could be a limited edition for people who focus more on mixing. : )

Yeah, and this is pretty much the only controller going that can do what I want it to do, and in such small form factor. I am switching my vote. I think it must come down to too many jobs for this company to handle. Really they need to pay sugar bytes, or someone else, to have them help out with their filter a little. If it is a matter of not wanting to give sugar bytes, or others the recipe to the filters, please just let them have it, and make djay even better. Lpf, hpf band pass, and one that had both Lpf in one direction, and one with hpf in the other, so that it could do both, the way it does on the app. If only I could…do the math, I mean program it myself. lol :slight_smile: Keep up the good work Algoriddim, we are almost there.

Maybe we need more people, and more likes. : )

Yeah, they have their work cut out for them. It’s funny, cuz the eq’s are pretty good. Eq’s are one of the hardest parts to get right, digitally. That is why a lot of guys use analog mixers. Somehow they need to smooth out the filters. Maybe use multi band compression, or attenuation to limit them at certain frequencies. Personally, I just turn it down a little when I am filtering. : ) Yeah, so I started thinking it over, and was like oh, just use the headphone out for one channel, and the mains for the other, and sure enough. Just turn down the volume on the cue chanel, hit the cue button, and turn off auto-cueing in the app. Now if only I had a filter on my mixer. lol. Thanks. Athough pretty cool, and very useful. This is still not resolved for me. : ) I prefer having everything portable, and in one place.

You have to understand, even without a wego 3, we still need the filter pack. It will add to the possibilities of what we can do. Thank you.

Does it frustrate you? lol

Pretty hard, They would have to re contract sugar bytes add an additional filter pack, and possibly fix their Filters. Personally I would pay as much as 5 additional dollars for an add on filter pack. So I suppose they could make some of the money back, potentially. : )

That’s great! Thank you Lukas E. Btw, personally I bought the wego 3 because it had a mid range Eq knob. I use it to replace a gain, and because that is what I am used to. : )

thanks god, i buy wego3 ! answer is i think simple, pioneer don’t want that. Why would you buy wego3 for less money and use all functions with djay2 :slight_smile: buy wego4 for more money and less functions bute separate filter knob haha btw do you know that wego 1 and 2 controllers are best money you can buy devices in that range ! why ? ok… second and first generations are compatible with mac pc ipad etc. but this is important, this two generations can control 4 decks on pc for instance virtual dj, but pioneer say hey… why we put all great stuff on first and second wego for small amount of money ? we give people even separate control knob for fx… and from third generation you don’t have separate fx knob, if you want it spend then more money on expensive products, afc you don’t have option to control 4 decks with new generation wego, you don’t have gain, you don’ have shitty led lights for volume signal strength. If you want it buy expensive and bigger controllers and at the end pioneer app is here, don’t buy djay2 buy our app, our app is better :slight_smile:

+1 for this. I have wego3 and think that it really needs a filter as an effect.

The skipped the MID-knob on the WEGO4 and replaced it for a Filter-knob. Would be a perfect solution if they offered this option in a WEGO 3-firmware update.

Even though there’s now a pot on the WeGO4 for LP/HP filter, which is great, it comes at a cost and that is they’ve used one of the existing WeGO3 pots for this, instead of adding an additional one to the WeGO4.

The WeGO3 has high, mid and low pots and the WeGO4 has high, low and LP/HP filter pots.

You can’t reassign these pots in djay 2, but you can in Pioneer’s WeDJ app.

I find the LP/HP pot really useful on my WeGO4 and miss it when I use my friend’s WeGO3. Controlling this effect on an iPad screen is more fiddly and even more so on a Mac.

Something else worth noting is on the WeGO3 you press a hardware FX button to turn the FX on and you can use the jog wheel to control the FX, then you press the button to turn it off. On the WeGO4 you have to hold down the hardware FX button to apply the FX and you can’t control it using the jog wheel.

I’ll assume there still no update regarding this?