Things getting worse not better. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

It’s with massive regret I write this as I LOVE this software.

Last few updates are pure and utterly trash …

Waveform syncing still not working (months of issues)
SYNC takes forever to sync up use to be instant
Search issues in MacOS and iPadOS
No extended support (like effects and booth output) for standard controllers like DDJ 800

What is happening ?

It’s now just an isolated incident - Fix the issues rather than NEW versions.

1 Like

Hi @saxmj13,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for reporting these issues with the latest updates. Sorry to hear about your experience! Also, my apologies for the delayed response here to your post. I’d like to help in any way I can.

First, since it’s been awhile since you’ve posted this thread, could you please tell me if you’ve already been helped individually by our Support Team (e.g., via email)?

If not, could you tell me if the issues you’ve raised here have persisted on the latest updates available in the App Store?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Good afternoon Emily,

Thank you of getting back to me. I haven’t had any other correspondence with anyone else at Algoriddim and have updated to latest versions of software on Mac App Store 4.01 two weeks ago.

The main issues for using the software in a live environment is the sync and waveform issues these have been kicking around for a while since the M1 Macs and does not seem to be an issue on my older laptop. The issue is covered in : Waveform sync on macOS

Thankfully some search issues have been fixed on iPad and Macos versions.

Extended support for controllers would be a great addition things like Pioneer effects and using the effects knobs and buttons and also booth support etc

I really hope these things can be fixed or added as I really like using the software for live performances and if it isn’t reliable I can’t use or recommend it.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, and for sharing the additional information and feedback.

I’ve noted the information provided (and will push this again internally) for the sync issue covered in the other Community thread: Waveform sync on macOS.

Regarding extended support for controllers, is there a specific model(s) of hardware that you’re looking for djay to support more fully?

Thank you for pushing this on, as its a deal breaking issue.

Controllers from Pioneer DDJ 800 - DDJ 10000 and other controllers with effects knobs and buttons.
I understand there is limited support at the moment but a more comprehensive support would be amazing. Thanks

MB

2 Likes

Hi all, i got an idea.
I’m working on a DDJ800 and for me is working fine.
I mapped only one fx via midi and the filter knob so i get a solid enought mixing routine. I made it work the “beat” selector buttons, the channel selector, the “level depth” knob and the blue button with midi out too.
My idea:

• for the color fx to add 4 “quick fx” corresponding to the 4 buttons for the color fx in the controller (the 4 buttons send midi signal so they can be mapped), just like traktor did on the kontrol s3
  • for the beat fx wheel selector… well… is something i always hated about pioneer djm mixers too :joy: but it send midi so it will be nice to implement in some way…

There is the fx display too but i think it’s an HID feature only to the shitty rekordbox but if it can be use in DjayPro it will be a banger

Thank u for repeating these basic issues… We love the software but basic improvements are a must … Instant double is very bad… Bpm for songs which start with melodies is very messed up… Beat grids are off… Setting beat grids for long songs is a headache… When doin dj tricks we merge songs so that we are quick… But if i cannot align my grid its tough to do certain things… In many of your updates you have chosen to use the word “bug fixes”… What bugs…?? I need to know whats been fixed … Is my bug in the list? I have given up… This update took 1 and half month… I assume the next update will be two months since your not bothered to fix basic issues… And trust me all these issues are perfect on serato and virtual dj… And please dont ask me what iphone i use… Send a video… Bla bla bla… I already did… :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more … as I posted nearly a year ago ‘stop adding NEW features and get the basics working’ DJAY for the first time in a long time is not the leading software but is playing catchup.

Hey @David_DeWitt - Thanks for your feedback! We highly appreciate this as it helps us grow as a company and better understand our users’ needs.

I highly encourage you to post these ideas in our Suggestions section of the Community. This allows other users to vote for the same feature. :slight_smile:

Hey @PRO24DJS and @saxmj13 - As I mentioned to @David_DeWitt: Thank you very much for the feedback. We do truly appreciate it, and I say this with sincerity.

I’ve provided your feedback to the team internally, and I can assure you, we are working very hard to fix many bugs and improve the software as much as we can.

We completely understand your frustration, we hear you, and we are always open to more feedback. Thanks for keeping this dialogue open with us.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions, concerns, or suggestions. This is what we’re here for in the Community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @PRO24DJS - As previously mentioned, I’ve provided your feedback in detail to the team.

I’m happy to share that all of your points are in development and happening this year (!)

To answer your question about “Bug Fixes”:

Bug fixes typically relate to technical improvements for issues that may only occur on certain devices or are hardly noticeable.

Lastly, we’d like to understand more specifically what you’d like to be fixed specifically, regarding Instant Doubles. It would be good to understand in detail what is wrong with the Instant Double for you so we can know best how to move forward.

Thanks so much in advance :slight_smile: Once again, we highly value your feedback.

Hello… Thank you for understanding my/our frustrations… I have sent most of these problems in your email…

IMG_7839|473x500

But since your insisting… I will lay them here for all to understand…

1. PHASE DJ GROUNDING ISSUE

As shown in the video link… Phase dj when using phono channel makes a ground noise… If this is done using virtual dj or serato it goes way… A solution for this would be to allow phase to work if plugged in the line channel… For me to use the line channel i have to put my laptop with serato set it to line in and plug it out and plug my phone… Thats the only solution i have at the moment… Hot swapping… I moved to the iphone so i can be light now i have to carry my laptop again for this… This noise is audible in club setting its unprofessional!

1. CLONE DELAY OR FAILURE

As shown in the link above… Cloning kind of delays and is sometimes off completely… When using the iphone without equipments its perfect. Plug the turntables and the trouble begins…i have tried with the mixer only its not a problem… Only turntable… I think it could be having difficulty processing the turntables quickly… This my friend is one of the most frustrating issue… especially when doing tricks … You need to be quick and precise… Shifting the crossfader hoping the song has cloned and its off beat is embarrassing… Its been happening to me for 1 year now since i used this software in july 2022… And today is Saturday i will have to face it again :rage::rage::rage:… Totally drops my confidence…!!:pensive::pensive::pensive:

1. ALIGNMENT OF BEAT GRIDS

As shown in the video… I beleive a bit grid is one of the most underrated feature of this sofware… I know most djs dont care about this… But knowing that your beats are set pricisely gives you confidence when mixing… I have been using this with serato and virtual dj… This is what we use to make perfect Transitions… Aligning and locking the beats to the grid… Now when i tell the software here is the start of my beat and the tempo is 100 bpm… It has to follow my rules… As shown in the video the grid doesnt work when set… Adjusting it also doesnt work… At this time i think its controlling me…:grinning::grinning::grinning:… One day it will replace me!!!

1. BEAT GRIDS FOR SONGS THAT START WITH MELODIES

This is hard to demonstrate in the video… BUT… if a song starts with a melody… Piano or guitar melody or whatever… The melody doesnt seem to align to the grid… When the beat drops all is good… But before the beat …the grid is everywhere… I would say 30 percent of my songs fall for this error…

1. MUSIC FILE MANAGEMENT

This is not a bug… But i think its really important… If i delete a file in my iphone… The software will mark it as unavailable… A file is easy to notice… If i delete a folder of 200 songs… I have to go through all 200 songs in my collection and delete them since they are not available … I usually have to delete the whole collection of 40k song and add it again… Ooh GOD this is frustrating… If a song is not available you should have a way to delete all unavailable songs… Just find something comfortable… Virtual dj seems to get this perfectly…

Also on music file management… Say i have a 20 song playlist… I want to play that from my iphone to my laptop… I export my playlist… Serato you just select the songs and put them in some folder and move them wherever… Virtual dj you export not only the songs but even the playlist arrangements… This software you export a list csv … I dont need a list i want those songs where i want them…in A folder or somewhere on my phone so i can play them in my laptop… I dont need a list … What if i have a problem with my phone and i want that playlist … Just 200mb folder could save my day… So many of my playslist have disappered because i could not export them to a folder. . Csv file is a lot of work and its oldschool! Why would i want to deal with excel? Its not accounting :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Lastly on music file management… CAN WE RENAME OUR SONGS WITHIN THE SOFTWARE!!! I can not beleive the amount of work i have to do just because i mispelled an artists name… The process will be… Go to the folder where the song is… Most of the time its in some folder i forgot… Rename the song… Remove the old song from the playlist… Remove it again from the music collection… Add it again! Virtual dj you just rename it and it stays there… Simple… With this software I dont rename songs or try to change names… I will go crazy if i do :grinning::grinning::grinning:

I wish i could write a whole book about what u can do to improve the software… I have learned to live with some bugs… But hey something has to be done eventually?? Bugs first …as for the wishes… I have a couple… But dont we all? Its an excellent software… Just a few issue here and there… I left other softwares so i can walk with my music on my iphone… Made my life a lot easier… Imagine djing in the toilet :grinning::grinning::grinning:… So please i will not abandon this software but make these changes for better… I am sure this time u will deliver… And please i will not write this again… Maybe for clarification :grinning: thanks!

3 Likes

Hey… Sorry i wanted to be clearer regarding melodic beginnings… Here is a song by million style… Load it on serato… Or virtual dj… Set the beginning of the first beat… See where the beat drops… Its Exactly where its supposed to… Now do the same in djaypro… Set the first beat… The beat drop is off… Set the beat drop… The Melody is off… This alignment can cause havoc :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Reminds me of the early 2000’s

1 Like