Tidal 'Hi-Fi' - only first 6 beats appear in the waveform!

Guys my iPad Pro has already updated to iOS 15 Beta 1 and this problem still exists, no matter what I do.

I have never been able to load a HIFI Tidal track into any DJAY program. A fix for this would be nice if people are still working on it.

Has anyone heard anything on this recently? I thought that the iOS beta tests were a success but I have not heard when an official patch will be released for Mac OS.
Anyone got any updates, rumours, guesses???

I just sat down to start choosing songs/practicing for a wedding house/techno set I’m playing this weekend across the country and instead of jamming right now on my playlists I spent days putting together I’m dealing with tracks not loading. I haven’t used the software in awhile and when researching this issue I am VERY concerned that this has been going on for over two months. I understand things happen but this is a major issue for people, you would expect it to get resolved in maybe a couple weeks max. This makes me feel that investing in this reloop mixon4, new iPad Air, and trusting/paying algoriddim to be my new platform may have been a mistake. Why have I been paying tidal hifi and algoriddim the past 3 months if the feature I subscribe to both of them for is broken on algoriddim’s end.

Any chance of an update please, Emily?
How is the beta testing going and when will a patch be available for Mac OS?

1 Like

Hey @DJPaulMack and everyone waiting for an update on this topic, Thanks again for your patience while our team is investigating this issue. As some of you have reported here, our team was gathering some information via a beta test build in order to get to the bottom of this issue. We really appreciate those of you who participated in that and continue to participate in helping us out here.

The most current update I have from our team is that the new beta build seems to provide a successful workaround and is a move in the right direction. However, we are continuing to gather additional data from our testers and internally to ensure we can address the root of the problem, and to ensure that any changes made result in a stable solution moving forward. Once this is ensured, we can then let you know when any updates may be available for both iOS and Mac.

Please know that we realize this is important functionality for many of you, and we’re working on it. Thank you again for your patience and understanding, and I will let you know when we have any specific dates for when updates might be available.

Any update? Don’t think it’s right to be paying for a subscription when we cannot get the full Percs of the program. A reimbursement or discount should be offered to those who use tidal on DJ Pro.

I have to admit this is starting to annoy me now!
A side-effect (possibly) to having to play in TIDAL ‘High’ quality rather than hi-fi is that the batch analyser seems to get the tempo wrong in just about every case. I am getting a lot of BPM’s like 122.6 etc.
To make things worse there is no option to ‘re-analyse’ so you have to faff around with guessing the BPM and then moving the grid to line it up every time.
It is really putting a dampener on things when you just want to play a bit of music, to be honest.
Have any of you noticed this behaviour too?

Yup. I fully expect to have to beat grid everything all over again once I start using the Hi-fi. But the main thing that pisses me off, is the sound quality is noticeably worse.

The new update fixed the problem thank you guys!!

2 Likes

Which version is that please? I am on 3.1.3 and the problem is very much still there.

Ah I see 3.1.4 is available and initial tests look positive! Thanks dev team and all involved in fixing this issue :grin:

1 Like

I can confirm this. All my TIDAL tracks worked with Hi-Fi without any issue during my last set. Thank you dev team!

1 Like

:mega: Hi All, As some of you have already shared… I’m happy to report that this issue has been fixed with the latest version of djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.1.4) and djay Pro AI for iOS (3.7.6). Please update your app(s) when you get a chance on the App Store.

Thanks for your patience, and happy mixing! :headphones:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.